DIGNITY is seeking a finance admin officer (FAO) for our country office in Jordan
DIGNITY – Danish Institute Against Torture is seeking a finance admin officer with solid experience in financial procedures, human resources, logistics and accounting for our country office in Amman, Jordan.
DIGNITY is an independent nongovernmental anti-torture organisation founded in 1982 in Denmark. DIGNITY is present in more than 20 partner countries with more than thirty years of experience in the rehabilitation of torture and organised violence survivors as well as prevention of torture and urban violence.
DIGNITY has been working in Jordan since 2008 under two different programs. One program is called Karama and aims to improve the conditions for prisoners and pre-trial detainees in Jordan. The Karama program is implemented through The Ministry of Justice, The National Center for Human Rights and the NGO Mizan for Law. The other program is called Back To Life and focuses on the rehabilitation of torture survivors from mainly Syria and Iraq. This program is implemented by the local partner Institute for Family Health. DIGNITY provides technical assistance and capacity building in both programs.
The Jordan office was established in 2014 and is located in Sweifieh, Amman. The team consists of a Head of Office, a Program Officer, a Program Assistant as well as a Communication Intern from Denmark. Missions from the HQ in Copenhagen are frequent, and the Jordan Office is in close contact with HQ in relation to the implementation of program activities.
As a FAO your primary duties and responsibilities include
- Cash-flow: Follow cash flow and expenditure of the office, track bank deposits and payments for both regional and local accounts, reconcile monthly bank statements, this also include the management of the office petty cash
- Reports: Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as scheduled and needed. Also, quality check partners’ reports before submitting to HQ
- Recording and Filing: Record and follow up on all financial transactions in the financial software. Ensure the maintaining of suitable, efficient and updated Financial and Administrative physical and electronic files
- Social Security & Income tax: Prepare and submit social security and income tax monthly contribution and assist with annual income tax and office tax yearly settlements
- Budget: Prepare and finalize activities and office budgets
- Forecast: Ensure cash forecast is submitted on time
- Review and implement
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow up on staff attendance, annual and sick leaves, time sheet
- Prepare salary slips, working contracts, health insurance
- Keep staff HR files updated
- Follow up on and update office contracts and bills, service agreements, office purchases, filing, transportation
The ideal candidate for this position has
- Education: Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, administration, business or any relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of proven work experience as a Finance & Admin Officer or similar role
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills with a thorough and detail-oriented eye
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software – knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Knowledge of Jordan Government policies, procedures and regulations for INGO operations in Jordan
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Fluency in Arabic and very good in both written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills, especially Advanced MS Excel
- Preferably work experience in finance and program support for development and humanitarian projects; NGO, INGOs, and EU project experience is a plus
The position is based in DIGNITY, Amman with few travels in the region.
Benefits and Entitlements
Contracts are annual with renewal possibilities depending on funding and subject to satisfactory performance. There would be a probationary period of 3 months. Other benefits include Social Security and first class medical insurance, very friendly team working atmosphere, working days are from Sunday to Thursday, from 9 am- 4 pm. This position is offered on National Terms & Conditions of employment.
DIGNITY guarantees a competitive salary, depending on seniority and experience, comparable to what is offered for similar positions in international NGOs in Jordan.
Deadline for application is no later than November 10th, 2018.
DIGNITY – Danish Institute against Torture is a self-governing institution independent of party politics, and it is the biggest centreÂ of its kind in the world.Â DIGNITY is organisedÂ in three broad themes: Rehabilitation, Detention and Urban Violence. In all three areas we undertake interventions and we do research. DIGNITY works in Denmark as well as the Global South. Additional information regarding DIGNITY’s activities can be obtained at www.dignity.dk
DIGNITY considers diversity a strength, and we therefore encourage everybody, irrespective of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin to apply for this position.
How to Apply: