Information Management Coordinator
The Information Management unit is part of the Archive and Information Management division which sits within the Communication and Information Management Department. The Information Management unit is the focal point at the ICRC for Information Management (below called IM), – which is the ability of the ICRC to produce, capture, manage, preserve, store and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time.
The role of the IM unit is to enforce, advise, analyze IM problematics, follow up, design systems and accompany colleagues in this matter. It also ensures that all relays and/or persons in charge of IM have the adequate training and develop their competencies.
To improve support to the users in the field, the IM unit has decided to review the IM organizational model in the Near and Middle East region. New positions of Information Management Coordinator (IMCo) are opening now in Djibouti (for Yemen), Baghdad, Kuwait or Amman (covering Jordan, Kuwait and Iran), Beirut or Cairo (covering Lebanon, Egypt and Syria) *. This new set up aims at improving IM at ICRC as well as coordinating with the different sectors operating around information management (data, data protection, ICT, etc.) to provide a coherent support to delegations on issues such as security of information, data management and data protection and to ensure a better capitalization of the existing information.
The IMCo works under the coordination of the Head of Information Management Region based in Amman. Based in Beirut with frequent travels in the delegations covered, up to 75% of her/his time. This position might be asked to support information management in emergency situations (meaning travel on short notice).
• The choice of the location between Kuwait and Amman / Cairo or Lebanon, will be done based on the candidates’ profile, result to selection tests and interviews.
• Ensures coherence and compliance of information management practices and rules in the delegation(s) s/he is responsible for, including data security and protection.
• Provides expertise on ICRC information management processes, rules, guidelines and tools, taking into consideration as well the security and the data protection rules; researches and develops approaches needed to assure information security.
• Reviews IM processes and conducts needs assessments with the departments, to improve information and data management (share, co-working, access rules, mobility, information handling, data protection, security, etc.).
• Coordinates and implements IM guidelines, practices and tools, and ensure a consistent regional change management approach defined by the Head of IM region.
• Proposes and implements solutions to improve the management of the information life cycle, especially the capture of all records that are relevant for the ICRC.
• Conducts regular visits to the covered delegations and sub-sites; organizes sessions to train or inform about information management strategies and principles and ensures that they are understood and applied.
• Works closely with the main (executive) assistant & IM officer of the delegations s/he covers on all IM related matters. Is their functional/technical manager.
• Together with the (executive) assistant & IM Officer, organizes and facilitates IM national seminars/workshops.
• Contributes to the global regional thinking and orientations regarding IM strategies and tools.
• Develops internal collaboration and synergies with other positions such as data management, data analysts and ICT positions to ensure a consistent approach and that IM guidelines and rules are applied.
• Develops a mapping of available data within the delegation.
• Works with a network of external data and information specialists to broaden the information and data knowledge.
• Managers, coordinators, (executive) assistants & IM Officers and end-users understand the purpose and benefits of managing information and embrace the changes and adapt their practices. Users comply with Information management rules and guidelines.
• Links to information security, data protection and data management are made. A better quality of the acquisition of the ICRC’s information is visible and the delegations can base their decisions and activities on the information they gathered and kept.
Selection requirements and experience:
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position at ICRC or in a large or international organization/company
• Fully conversant with MS Office, IBM Lotus Notes and SharePoint
• Very good command of English, written and spoken
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information management, information science or data management: an asset
• Experience participating in the definition and/or implementation of change processes: an asset
• Strong motivation to humanitarian work, service-oriented mindset and sense of accountability
• Critical thinking, problem analysis/solving skills
• Excellent organizational/planning/monitoring skills, sense of priority
• Robust leadership, partnering and interpersonal skills, capacity to engage at all levels
• Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
• Strong communication skills and capacity to positively influence change
• Ability to listen to the needs of users and ask questions to understand their concerns
• Sense of initiative and capacity to work autonomously
• Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment
• A competitive salary with benefits
• 1 year contract renewable
Starting date (preferred)September 1st, 2019.
Please send your CV and cover letter to the below e-mail before July 24th 2019 and mention the position you are applying for in the subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Send your CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org