Information Management officer
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC Jordan is looking for Information Management officer, he/she will be primarily responsible for managing and coordinating the Information Management system of DRC and GIZ programmes in Wadi Al Gharaba. This will involve IM and database support to programme colleagues, reporting, archiving, and support to other data collection and data entry needs. He/she will be responsible for regularly coordinating with DRC field and programme staff to support all information management and monitoring needs including keeping updated statistics on number of cash for workers/no of days worked.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Team Leader. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Maintain and manage the online database for DRC’s beneficiaries of the Wadi Al Gharaba project;
· Support Team Leader in technical application of the database + on statistics for monthly reports;
· Support programme colleagues in case of any technical difficulties or questions regarding the database and IM in general; provide trainings for colleagues on how to use the database;
· Generate monitoring reports and perform backup operations; contribute to the formatting and development of documents regarding collected data;
· Support to coding of online tools and Kobo/ODK forms;
· Perform data quality checks of the database on a weekly basis, reporting any issues and changes to the IM specialist;
· Ensure information regarding beneficiaries is consolidated into one database and is up-to-date; identify missing data and follow up with Team Leader;
· Ensure that good communication is maintained with field and programme staff, so that beneficiary data accurately reflects activities on the ground;
· Support in providing beneficiary lists and data for monitoring activities, including PDM and evaluation reports;
· Apply data program techniques and procedures;
· Identifying any problems with the database and taking appropriate action in discussion with line manager;
· Performs other work as required or assigned, including support to MEAL teams for assessments
· In line with DRC’s Information Management SoPs, keep all data protected and confidential;
Required / Desirable
- Jordanian national;
- Strong knowledge of excel, and knowledge of at least one platform database;
- Basic data analysis;
- Basic IT system knowledge;
- Fluency in Arabic and English, including ability to write reports in English.
- 2-3 years of work experience;
- Direct experience in Information Management;
- Experience in IT;
- Direct experience and/or broad knowledge of humanitarian assistance programming;
- Experience working with local organizations in developing contexts.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 month contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station**: Madaba**
Start date: January 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 22 December 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.