مطلوب موظف بحث للعمل في منظمة دولية
1. Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to, guided and directed by the Director of Institute, the Research, Evaluation, and Learning Officer will be responsible for:
design, piloting, and implementation of high-quality innovative interdisciplinary research, and community outreach.
- Conduct, either with full operational responsibility and as a principal investigator or as a member of research team, research projects according to the GFPI’s research agenda, demonstrating a high level of competence and an independent standing in research.
- Support the commission of specific research assignments that maintain the GFPI’s reputation for innovation, quality, impact and sustainability in research within the fields of sustainable peace and conflict transformation.
- Provide, in coordination with other members of GFPI, expert consultancy and assistance to other organisations in the fields of peacebuilding and conflict transformation and international development. Respond to the calls for tenders for research/evaluation work, to generate income for the GFPI; raise exposure and profile of the GFPI; and bring experience through engagement with other researchers.
- Support community outreach strategies and GFPI’s active online presence by developing microsite online content and ensuring GFPI’s social media presence. Write pieces for pre-identified external platforms, and traditional and new media outlets whenever possible.
- Contribute, in conjunction with other members of GFPI’s staff, to the content development, design and delivery of GFPI Forum, and other events if/when needed. Act as a Forum moderator or panellist, should the possibility arise.
- Ensure GFPI’s documentation, deliverables and data are maintained consistently in accordance with policies and standards of GFPI.
- Assist with the planning, preparation and execution of the GFPI’s meetings and events.
- Build capacity of junior members of the GFPI’s staff.
- Manage workload priorities and deadlines for all GFPI activities and events.
Influence and Representation
- Represent GFPI’s peacebuilding research at major events, should the possibilities arise.
- Network and recommend strategic partnerships to advance GFP/GFPI’s peacebuilding learning agenda, creating quality linkages between GFP/GFPI and partners.
- As part of GFPI’s commitment to institutional learning, commit 5% of time to learning activities that provide benefits both personally and to GFPI.
3. Key Results Areas:
- Research: research results presented, shared, and disseminated in a variety of formats/platforms.
- Outreach: thought-leadership pieces presenting evidence of GFP’s learning and peacebuilding approach effectiveness published on external platforms.
- Influence and Representation: new network or partnerships established.
- Administration: project management, workload prioritisation and meeting deadlines.
- Personal Learning: track-record of continuous personal learning, competency development and growth established.
4. Generations For Peace Values:
- *Leadership:* demonstrating leadership and fostering leadership in others, within the Institutional Learning Team, Programmes Department, Delegates and Pioneers in the field and other stakeholders.
- Respect & Tolerance: showing respect and tolerance for all, within the Institutional Learning Team, Programmes Department, within the wider GFP office, with implementing partners, & with Delegates & Pioneers in the field.
- *Empowerment & Teamwork:* supporting Institutional Learning Team, Programmes Department members and Delegates and Pioneers in the field, through proactive delegation skills and coaching and guidance to empower them and encourage creativity, use of initiative, and positive participation in teamwork.
- Responsibility: demonstrating and encouraging responsibility, accountability and transparency, professionalism, care and diligence in respect of all people and property, and the brand and reputation of the organisation; seeking quality, effectiveness, sustainability, efficiency and good value for money; to maximise positive impact whilst minimising risk.
5. Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
- M.A Degree in the demography, social science, public policy, international development, economics, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a relevant position.
- Proven success in tracking performance against project objectives, reporting on outcomes, and analysing data to contribute to continual adaptive management of implementation.
- Proven success in designing and delivering research activities.
- Demonstrable experience volunteering in development/ community work.
- Demonstrable experience with translating information from research and M&E activities to support communication and dissemination of research findings and lessons learnt.
- Excellent communications skills, both consensus development and interpersonal. Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating to external partners and internal teams in both formal and information presentations.
- Excellent spoken and written English, and in particular top-quality written English communications.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent data management and data analysis skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and at least one software application (Atlas.ti, Tableau, SPPS, STATA, R, MAXQDA, Nvivo, Kobo ToolBox, Magpi).
- Ability to reflect, learn, and improve.
- Ability to lead projects and work independently; to take initiative, think strategically and work creatively.
- Ability to perform in a high-energy environment, with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the thoughtfulness to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace. A “can do” attitude, and a willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and personally handle all aspects of position.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in global, regional, and local contexts.
- Strong interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peacebuilding, and international development.
- Experience working internationally and in an international organisation.
- Experience working in the field of peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Experience in community development and behaviour change.
- Experience working with different age-groups (children, youth, adults) in different contexts.
How to apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline. (3rd of May 2022)
Shortlisting and interviews will be on rolling basis