psychologist – Case Managment
Contracted by: Vento di Terra
Name of the project: HIMAYATI- Comprehensive and inclusive system of protection for highly vulnerable population in the areas of Mafraq and Amman- 11386/VdT/2018.
Position: Psychologist – Case Managemnet
Supervised by: project coordinator
Line Managed by: Project Manager
Duty station: Amman
Contract type: full time
Under the overall supervision of the project manager the psychologists will be working in Mafraq and Amman with local partners; JRO – Jordan Relief Organization in Mafraq and FDA – Family Development Association in Amman to improve the access for qualified services of protection, were s/he will be responsible in general for implementing the project activities, providing PSS/CP/SGBV services and utilizing beneficiaries’ database. Whilst maintaining good communication pathways with the beneficiaries, partners, and local CBOs
Main tasks responsibilities:
1. Case Management
- Meet, register, assist, and advise individual cases according to scheduled sessions.
- Advise cases in need of help and services available to them (information provision).
- Refer cases to other services though the creation of a referral system
- Identify vulnerable & traumatized cases.
- Tracking and archiving received cases papery and create and manage the database
- Conduct proper follow-up on the cases and ensuring they are closed.
2. Psychosocial Support
- The psychologist, in coordination with the social assistant and the tutor, will be responsible of PSS services. Psychologist, social assistant and tutor will organize as to assist to all the workshops and awareness sessions.
- Creating a PSS system for women and children in Amman and Mafraq. PSS will be realized through laboratories for women and children, referral and case management.
- Managing the PSS activities in collaboration with the tutor and social workers
- Support the organization of creative workshops for psycho-social support for women and participate during the sessions, in coordination with social assistant and tutor
- Provide CP/SGBV services to the beneficiaries
- Coordinate with local staff and outreach teams in order to apply the internal referral system to identify vulnerable cases in need of support
3. Utilizing beneficiaries Databases.
- Assist In creating a database to track all beneficiaries
- Ensuring the regular utilizing and updating of the databases
- Ensuring proper documentations for beneficiaries
- Ensure that the privacy of beneficiaries is guaranteed and appropriate procedures are applied
4. Other Duties
- Submit progress and/or activities reports on a bi-weekly basis to the project manager
- Participate effectively in meetings with the project staff
- Maintain regular and clear communication pathways with the project staff in Amman
- Updating the project staff on any risks, challenges in the field and to provide inputs based on her/his observation
- Work closely with the partner, local staff, and project staff to ensure proper coordination is being implemented.
- Prepare monthly plans for the activities.
- Assisting in the procurement planning for the activities and ensuring to request any material needed for the activities ahead of time.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager / Supervisor
- Bachelor degree in psychology
- At least two to three years professional technical experience, including a minimum of 1 year implementing PSS programs in emergency/conflict contexts preferably
- Excellent interactive training and facilitation skills
- Good communication skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word
- Strong reporting skills and good English is an asset.
interested candidates can submit their CVs to [email protected].
Please indicate the job title in the subject line, Emails with no subject line will be ignored.