- Plan & introduce an effective technical solutions portfolio on needs (potential and actual) of sectors in need of engineering works and related infrastructure at project locations in consultation with the PMs of MU;
- Liaise & collaborate with Implementing Entities (IEs), through the PMs, on project concept initiation and proposal preparation; At all stages of the project cycle, the IWE will focus on the IE’s capacity building;
- Promote, through project planning, coordination, good communication and sound management practices, so that best practices in IE’s engagement, needs identification, project implementation, transparency and reporting are applied at all the project’s stages;
- Provide necessary guidance & support to IE members in the collection & elaboration of the necessary data & information related to the infrastructure for project proposals;
- Supervise & coordinate the IE’s involvement for a timely preparation of design and BoQs for submission, discussion & approval by the Programme Section Head (PSH);
- Develop the required methodology & framework under which each project shall be implemented, and provide guidance on good environmental practices and mitigation to climate change;
- Ensure that measures are introduced on possible environmental impact during implementation;
- Provide plans for capacity building and technology transfer to IEs members; organise workshops for counterparts in project related functions (BOQs, specifications, tenders, contracts, etc.);
- Monitor approved project concepts and contribute to contract agreements, procurement processes & implementation, and report to the PSH on corresponding challenges;
- Establish key monitoring milestones for the infrastructure works in each of the projects during preparation phase, performance, budgets, and quality assurance on delivery;
- Attend meetings and contribute to Programme Section needs through professional knowledge and “problem-solving” ideas;
- Work closely with the PMs and coordinate the delivery of works in each sector at all the stages, namely: planning, design, tendering, implementation and completion.
“Hard Skill” Competencies
- A university degree in an engineering related discipline; Professional accreditation from a renowned engineering institution will be positively evaluated;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in reconstruction-development sectors, with a main focus on planning, design and implementation of infrastructure projects;
- At least 5 years of work experience in key management posts in multi-discipline infrastructure projects incl. contract management and project commissioning;
- Computer literacy in basic software applications, (Microsoft office, etc.) and engineering software such as MS Project, Primavera, AutoCAD, and other related programmes;
- Excellent oral and written skills in both Arabic and English is required; working knowledge of any other language spoken in the region shall be positively evaluated;
- Ability to travel within the Region (Turkey, Northern Iraq, Jordan)
“Soft Skill” Competencies
- Practical knowledge and in-depth understanding of countries in-conflict environment;
- Professionalism, integrity and commitment to assigned duties;
- Expertise in planning, management and mobilisation of resources in infrastructure focused works;
- Understanding and sound judgment in multi-cultural work environment;
- Versatile capacity to deal in situations of challenging physical conditions;
- Good communication & team working skills, ability to negotiate and report on project issues.
- Knowledge & understanding of risk factors associated with project implementation in conflict environment, and capacity to identify solutions against or minimising effect of such factors and events;
- Ability to communicate, motivate, manage & coordinate project-related work in a multi-ethnic origin team and meet tight schedules under stressful environment, and a varied cultural context;
- Capacity to establish priorities, address project issues and needs of project within the overall focus of the Programme for recovery, relief and reconstruction;
- Demonstrate trust & confidence in team-work and provide timely response to stakeholders’ needs;
- Professional knowledge and capacity to manage infrastructure related documentation with accurate standards and quality.
How to apply
If you are interested in the assigned position, please send your application via email to [email protected] The application should include the following documents and information:
- Your CV in English language, EU-format preferred.
- A list of reference persons with contact details, if not included in the CV already.
Candidates who are considered for further evaluation and for recommendation to the client will be notified within two weeks after reception of the application. Please kindly understand that all other candidates will not be notified.
For information on GOPA Infra please visit www.gopa-infra.de; for information on GOPA Consultants please visit www.gopa.de