Title: Regional Supply Chain Coordinator – for Jordanian Nationals only
Location: Amman, Jordan Contract length: 12 months
To support the Middle East and Eastern Europe (MEEE) Regional office to carry out regional office procurement following Donor and SCI Procurement Guidelines and Processes and selecting suppliers according to pre-set criteria. All procurements must be carried in line with the procurement principles and through Source to Pay Procurement system. Responsibility also includes to deliver timely, effective and efficient Asset management support to MEEE Regional office to carry out day to day operational task, this includes a strong coordination with IT and Admin team in terms of ensuring all Asset are received and issued following SCI Asset Management procedures.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Head of Supply Chain
Regional Dimensions: : Save the Children works in 19 countries in MEEE, with a large team of staff and multimillion USD of expenditures each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: none
KEY AREAS OF Responsibility:
- Carry out Procurement Requests by managing Sourcing activities on ProSave (procurement system). This includes building RFQ, Open Tenders, Comparative Bid Analysis, Purchase Orders and Supplier Payments.
- Build various Catalogues through Sourcing Projects in ProSave in order to improve User’s ability to do buying through self-service approaches.
- Build Strong Supplier Data base of Registered Suppliers in ProSave through capacity building and orientation on ProSave and Aribia Network.
- To provide expertise on all aspects of the Procurement System and Procurement Procedure as well as advanced support to all users.
- Conduct various communication initiatives to raise awareness, best practices, benefits, and potential design changes, of the Source to Pay solution with champions, Regional Procurement Manager and Regional Head of Supply Chain.
- Conduct training sessions for SCI RO user on ProSave as well as for Suppliers.
- Run reports to identify and prioritize areas for improvement and mitigating actions, to be deployed in coordination with Regional Procurement Manager and Regional Head of Supply Chain.
- Driving Procurement performance and compliance with the procedures, measured through Key Performance Indicators and Management Indicators
- Help with continuous improvement of the Source to Pay solution from a design perspective to keep alignment with Procurement procedures evolutions.
- Organize procurement/tender committee in regards to Supplier evaluation and selection. Provide an advisory role for the functioning of the procurement/tender committee. Ensure due process is followed and fair/transparent purchasing decisions are made.
- Responsible for ensuring any documentation for importation or exportation is complete and in compliance with SC policy.
- Coordinate delivery between supplier and program.
- Negotiate leases, agreement for service contracts, shipping.
- Train Admin staff on SCI procurement/logistics process and procedures by providing clear guidance, orientation, if involved in Supply Chain and procurement related activities.
- Ensure all building and asset insurance is up to date (inc. vehicles)
- Responsible to arrange receiving of goods as per SCI standards and approved samples. Notify requestor accordingly to receive goods as per right quality and quantity and in case of any issues related to quantity and quality report to Regional Head of Supply Chain for corrective action or advice.
- Receipts of Equipment and enter item into Asset Register according to the SCI Asset management Guidelines.
- Maintain Asset physical file by keeping a record of all purchasing (PR, Purchase Orders, GRN, Invoice) and Issuing (Asset Card, Waybills, etc).
- Tag all fixed assets with inventory code number.
- Update inventory if item status changes, such as if the item is destroyed, stolen, moved to another location, donated, or sold.
- To ensure that up to date Asset register must be shared with Regional Head of Supply Chain on regularly basis
- Monitor items that are sent for repair. Keep records of repairs and recommend whether repair or replacement is more cost effective
- Complying with and promoting all Save the Children Global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Regional Head of Supply Chain.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience of Supply Chain support, including procurement and asset management in large international non-governmental organisation or other international relief/development body;
- Strong practical experience of using Supply Chain System preferably procurement system.
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar level qualification or experience
- 2-3 years of experience in Procurement and Asset management.
- Strong understanding of logistics, commodity and supply chain management
- Computer literate (including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel) and competency in development of spreadsheets and databases
- Field level experience in managing complex supply chains for INGOs in international development and emergency programmes.
- Experience working with large institutional donors and knowledge of their rules and regulations in regards to supply chain and procurement.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- Fluency in written and spoken English (required), Arab is a distinct advantage
- Commitment to Save the Children value
- Experience in technical programme support in areas of Consultancies/ Programme Supplies
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bGhhamRhb3VkLjIzMzA2LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVja…