Field Coordinator (Pending Donor Approval)
Position: Field Coordinator –
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To coordinate Behavior Change Communication (BCC) component of the expected programme including component related activities in Azraq camp: hiring, training and rotation of IBVs, training and managing staff, planning of activities in the field, monitoring of implementation, logistics and procurement for the BCC component, coordination with the programme’s other components, management of the community mobilisers and field monitors, preparation of printed and other materials for BCC component. To be responsible for the BCC component implementation and BCC team in Azraq camp in the camps. This role will play a critical part in managing and shaping the BCC activities in Azraq camp. The job holder will work alongside the Azraq camp key players, INGOs and UN lead agency on the day-to-day planning, coordination, and reporting on the component deliverables towards achieving WVJ SWM programme objectives. The candidate will also actively participate in relevant Working Group meetings in the camps when required
Project Management and Coordination:
· Implementation of BCC activities of the SWM programme in Azraq camp. Managing Community Mobilisers, field monitors and BCC IBVs. The job holder will oversee component needs and availability of all the required items, printed materials and etc., supervise and manage the activities under BCC component.
· Regular coordination with the camp management, SRAD in the camp, UNHCR, and other relevant camp players for the day-to-day BCC operations in the camp.
· Manage IBVs’ related issues for the BCC component.
· Ensure the required and timely procurement of all goods for the implementation of the BCC component.
· Ensure that all publications and printed materials are developed and available for distribution in the camp.
· Ensure all the required permits are in place for the implementation of BCC activities.
· Ensure the successful operation of the activities in the camp following organizational standard operation procedures (SOPs) and the camp SOPs.
· Provide support and guidance to Community mobilisers and field monitors, to IBVs. Work closely with the programme Admin assistant and P&C assistant, keep regular follow-ups with the PM and other departments to ensure the timely delivery of planned activities.
· In coordination with the PM participate actively in the Working Groups and coordination meetings in the Camp.
· Regularly report to the PM and bring up all the successes and challenges faced in the operations in the Camp.
· Participate in needs assessments and contribute to the development of the response plans when required.
· Communicate needs and challenges identified during the implementation to support the PM to address them immediately.
· Agree with the PM on the planning of activities and required materials for the BCC component.
· Oversee implementation of activities of BCC component in the camp and implement staff training/inductions to facilitate successful delivery of planned activities.
· Liaise with SRAD and WV Security Department to inform them about the BCC activities in the camp, locations and plans.
· Ensure humanitarian and Sphere standards are met in the implementation process.
Staff Management and Development:
· Guide and manage the Community Mobilisers and Field Monitors to perform their tasks as per the required standards and outcomes.
· Ensure that staff in the camp is submitting the monthly LDRs and other relevant report to respected departments on timely manner.
· Capacity building of the WV staff and IBVs and ensure that all the required and relevant information is shared with staff for their record.
· Maintain a respective relationship among the project staff and workers and ensure all the required coordination is maintained.
Reporting and information sharing:
· Ensure the timely submission of the required reports to the PM.
· Ensure the attendance programme staff meetings and share the updates, action points and plans for the up-coming week.
· Ensure timely sharing of all the relevant information with the PM.
· Ensure the submission of daily workers’ attendance is maintained and shared with the project assistant, P&C and the cashier for the timely IBVs’ payments.
· Ensure that all daily electronic and hard copy records are available when required.
· Regular and timely follow ups with the team to ensure the required supplies are in place, payments are processed, data are recorded.
· Ensure timely rotation of IBVs and set up proper hiring system in coordination with the CARE Int in the camp and in line with WVJ hiring policies and the camp SOPs
· Ensure that the project assistant receives all required IBVs data to maintain the IBVs’ database.
· Support the finance assistant to ensure that all the required documentation and processes are followed during the cash distribution.
· Supervise and facilitate the cash distribution in the camp and ensure that the operation is not disturbed due to on-going distribution to the IBVs.
· In coordination with other team members, ensure crowed control during the distribution of cash in the camp to IBVs.
· Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· University degree, social science is preferable
· Degree/diploma/certificate in project management
· Understanding of Cash for Work assistance and Behavioral change concept
· Proficiency in both English and Arabic
· One-year experience in SWM related projects, in the humanitarian filed, desirably in refugee camps.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience working in humanitarian aid delivery, logistics or project management/administration.
· Experience in working in Azraq or Zaatari Camp.
· Experience working in various aspects of humanitarian projects such as data base maintenance, working with IBVs, project planning and administration, managerial skills.
· Experience in working with local and/or international NGOs.