Field Coordinator (Pending Donor Approval)
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information please visit www.wvi.org website.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To manage & support field Operations, cash, livelihood, logistics & procurement for the Project. Making arrangements for office supplies, including warehouse management at the implementation site. This role will play a critical part in managing and shaping the operation at the field. The job holder will work alongside the donor on the day-to-day planning, coordination & reporting on Project deliverables to identified beneficiaries towards achieving WVI objectives. The candidate will also actively participate on the donor meetings.
· Ensure timely hiring of the Cash for work Staff for the smooth implementation of the project and ensure all the requirements (work permits) are being done on time for the staff.
· Ensure that procurements are done on timely basis for the successful operation & implementation of the Project.
· Outline the rotation methods, accounting for database of the cash for work Beneficiaries.
· Oversee operation of the project and implement staff training programs to facilitate Successful Project delivery.
· Coordinate Purchase requisition planning and coordinate with procurement department through the process to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
· Responsible for receipt, safe keeping, handling and management of the project resources at the implementation site.
· Participate in needs assessments and contribute to the development of the response plans.
· Communicate the needs identified by the project team to support the project operation.
· Liaise with Municipalities, unions and any other stakeholders to inform them about the project operations and activities, processes, locations and plans.
· Serve as the main focal person in the field for the WVI Jordan. Maintain respectful and constructive relations, and ensure regular meetings and ongoing coordination
- Ensure timely Payments of the project workers on Monthly basis.
· Keeping Track record of the work sheets, Attendance and other related documents necessary for the payment Process.
- Maintain open and professional relations with other Projects, promoting a dedicated team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
· Capacity Building of WV Staff.
· Participate actively in the Working Groups and meetings with the donor and bring up all the successes and challenges faced in the operation of the project.
· Represent World Vision in meetings on request of the project manager with JVA and other relevant stakeholders.
· Coordinate with Communication in publishing manual, guideline and success stories about the construction component of the project and the impact of World Vision intervention.
· To assist project manager in situation and program updates
· Exhibit spiritual maturity, integrity and a dynamic personal sense of life calling
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: · University degree in business administration, social science or any related fields· Knowledge of child protection / child rights· Excellent written & oral command in Arabic & English
· Computer literate mainly with MSOffice software package
· Good communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
· Ability to foster a good team spirit
· 2 years of full-time technical & professional experience in a similar role.
· 2 years’ experience supervising cash / livelihood components.
· Solid humanitarian field management knowledge and skills.
· Previous experience with INGOs
· Previous experience with governmental agencies (Ministry of Labor), regulation polices & procedure related to the project activities
· Applying & identifying proper cash technique
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, you are encouraged to apply via our Careers Website, Only applicants who have submitted their application via our recruitment system will be considered