Global Resource Coordinator– Information Management
Role & Responsibilities
Leading the Global Resource Information team (GRIT). Information Management at Medair includes (but is not limited to) mobile field data collection, dashboards and reports, and Geographical Information Systems (GIS). Leading a diverse team through improved information management system to enhance efficiency and visibility of the country programmes. You work under the leadership of the MER Regional programme.
Based in Amman, Jordan (regional office), with direct supervision of the country director and a functional reporting line to the GSO in Switzerland. Regular travel to supported countries in the region, globally, and GSO. Liaison with key stakeholders and funders.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Amman, Jordan, with frequent travel to GSO and regional/global country programmes and IM stakeholders. Take a look at Medair’s work in Jordan.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
January 2019. Full time, 24 months
Key Activity Areas
· Design, update and evaluate GRIT strategy in conjunction with M&E, Finance and advisors and GSO based IS director. Balance priority IM needs, donor reporting needs, programming needs etc.
· Ensure alignment with global ITS strategy.
· Publish and proactively share the information management work.
· Visit country programmes and conceptualise with stakeholders an IM architecture and IM tools customized to the priority needs and develop this in a IM improvement project.
· Ensure IM Global Team activities are monitored, documented (replicability, knowledge management) and adhere to good practices (privacy protection, data security…).
· Allocate GRIT developer resource to build the IM system and follow the project cycle.
· Manage staffing (turnover, on boarding, appraisal…). Authorise and plan Field trips for staff.
· Scout for resources in-country for short term help to neighbour country.
· Manage close relationship of team based across countries.
· Have an active exchange with the country IM focal points and integrate and share innovative IM developments from these countries in the overall IM service plan.
· Oversee the drafting and presentation of IM and Innovation grant proposals (either integrated in project proposals or stand-alone IM proposal), operational and financial reports related to the GRIT, in collaboration with the shared PFM, CD and HCP of relevant country programme(s) and GSO ITS Director and Innovation advisor.
· Support the planning and construction of project budgets, in collaboration with PSM, Finance Manager and HQ based Field Finance officer.
· Manage the spending within the programme in-line with the approved budgets. Analyse projected cash flow, decide on the timing of major procurements, oversee audits and anticipate where over or under spending may occur and ensure necessary action is taken.
· Work on a partial cost-recovery structure. Ensure service agreements are set up for cost-recovery from client country programmes and external clients.
Manage Vendors and Stakeholder Relationships
· Work with IM vendors like Qlik, Ona, Survey CTO, ESRI…
· Maintain relations with each country: senior management and IM specialists and users.
· Align priorities with Medair’s global strategy.
· Integrate support of sector advisors where needed.
Help Desk Coordination
· Distribute support workload. Monitor service level (on-time response to incidents).
· Identify trends in incidents and work on underlying problem.
Team Spiritual Life
· Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
· Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
· Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Professional qualification and experience in Information Management, Monitoring and Evaluation and business management or related fields.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of French and Arabic (desirable).
Experience / Competencies
· Proven track record in conceptualising and designing IM systems for programmes, selection of IM tools, software development and customisation and resource management.
· Advanced planning, coordination, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to concisely work out project needs and present this to the client programmes.
· Relevant management experience in emergency and/or development context at a coordination level.
· Understanding of NGO and donor policies governing processes and procedures and reporting needs.
· Open minded, ready to learn and integrate. A connector and global thinker.
· Able to represent Medair in discussions with other NGO’s, funding partners, IM technical organisations.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b) Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to the “Current Vacancies” page then:
a) apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
b) apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.