Finance and HR Coordinator – JORDAN
Place: JORDAN (Amman)
Length: 7,5 months (until end of March 2020)
Starting date: 15/08/2019
Closing date for applications: 09/06/2019
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in 63 countries; for further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI’s Middle East Regional Programme (MEReP) is based in Amman and coordinates missions in 4 different countries (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine) for now. The programme is now in the ending phase of its Operational Strategy 2015 – 2019 with a massive growing of financial volume on the last 3 years. The programme is engaged in its internal transition in 2019-2020 and will elaborate its new Operational Strategy for the next 3 years.
The program is covering the full mandate of HI – emergency, mine action and development – with a strong focus on continuum and resilience. The program has a total volume expected for 2019 of 11M Euros with 220 international and national staff. Out of this, Jordan mission budget amounts to 4 M euros and has nearly 70 employees.
Since beginning of 2019, the program is involved in a massive process of set up adjusting in line with the whole reorganization of HI operations in HQ and in the missions, called ROOTS. Initial decisions and orientations have been provided to the missions in April 2019 and the strategic plan of change for the program has been developed.
One of the key orientations for the new set up is the focus on the progressive merging of the Jordan mission with the Regional office and recruitment and capacity building of 2 national managers (HR and Finance) as the position of Finance/HR coordinator will disappear in 2020
Under the overall supervision of the Country Manager, and in close collaboration with the Regional team (Finance Coordinator, HR Coordinator), the Finance and Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for the effective management of finance, administrative and human resources of the Jordan mission with progressive handover to the new national HR and finance managers. He/She will ensure the compliance with country’s legal framework and regional programme’s tools and processes while taking the mission’s specificities and donors’ requirements into account. He/She will participate to the merging process of the Regional Office and the Jordan mission, He/She will ensure a smooth transition of the HR and finance department to the new structure.
The main responsibilities will be the following:
- Steering the mission’s financial resources and overseeing the mission’s accounting and financial management
- Defining the mission’s contractual framework and HR policies and steering the implementation of the corresponding procedures in close collaboration with the Regional Office
- Guaranteeing compliance with the mission’s administrative and legal framework
- Contributing to the drafting and implementation of the ROOTS transition plan
- Managing the mission’s Finance and HR teams
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Master degree in Business administration, political sciences, law, economics or any relevant field
- You have at least 3 years of experience on Finance and HR management in the humanitarian or development sector, including experience at coordination level positions
- You demonstrate strong managerial and capacity-building skills
- You have proven finance management skills
- You are detailed oriented, highly organized and able to prioritize workflow
- You are a team player
- You are dynamic, flexible and solution-oriented
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
Despite the different conflicts affecting the overall Middle East regional, the security in Jordan is still fairly good. In Amman, despite some sporadic demonstrations the living conditions are excellent with little restrictions. Jordanians are very welcoming and life for foreigners is generally quite comfortable. Expect minimum standards of respect and adaptation to the local culture and traditions.
- Starting date : 15/08/2019
- Length of the contract: 7,5 months**
- Employee status, according to experience :
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 637€ net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 1 day per month
- Status : position open to couples
- Housing : Collective or individual depending on your status taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/en/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=3302&idpar…