HR Coordinator – JORDAN
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.hi.org/
Present in more than 55 countries, Humanity & Inclusion is composed of 2 operational divisions:
• The Direction of Humanitarian Action
• The Direction of Development Action
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 13.5 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6.5 million IDPs, while over 4 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe.
HI is managing a large humanitarian program from four different hubs (South, Centre, North and North-East), along four main pillars:
- Support to health partners (hospitals, care houses, psychosocial support centers, local NGOs) for the provision of comprehensive psychosocial support services ( psychosocial support, psychosocial support and/or prosthetics and orthotics) through training, technical supervisions and donations of assistive devices and/or equipment;
- Emergency response to the basic needs of vulnerable people affected by sudden crisis, through one-shot distributions of food baskets, household essential items and hygiene kits, and through the management of an adapted humanitarian coordination mechanism for emergency responses.
- Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, explosive remnants of war and small arms light weapons) and urgent marking of hazardous areas;
- Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response (with a special focus on inclusive health and inclusive livelihoods).
The actual intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams, remote partnerships with local structures and organizations, and direct implementation programs.
Under the line management of the Support Services Coordinator (SSC), the HR Coordinator will be part of the coordination team based in Amman and will have to provide support to the 4 hubs. The HR Coordinator will have to be extremely proactive, mobile and flexible, to set-up efficient relationships with each hub, ensure good coordination and develop adequate framework.
The HR Coordinator should develop good knowledge of labor law, issues and challenges (including salary policy, design of work contract, internal rules & regulations) faced by each hub, in order to ensure good representation of HR stakes at coordination level.
The HR Coordinator will be responsible for the design of the HR strategy and policies at mission level and will ensure proper implementation & monitoring on the 4 hubs. As such he/she will work in close coordination with each hub through HR focal points based on the field, and will have to travel there regularly to provide support and ensure an adequate implementation of HR Policies.
The HR Coordinator will also be the main interlocutor for Headquarters (HQ based in Lyon – France) for all HR related issues.
According to the position, the HR Coordinator must keep all the data confidential, and share it only with the relevant persons.
MAIN FIELDS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- HR Policy at mission level
- HR Management inside the 4 hubs of activities
- Support to hubs
- Coordination & Reporting
- HR management of international staff
- Analyzing and managing risks related to HR
The complete job description will be shared with short-listed candidates.
Jordan is a relatively safe and secure country. The health conditions are really good in Jordan, with a complete access to high quality medical care in Amman, allowing international staff to have a safe stay in the country including with families.
However, Jordan also faces some regular difficulties and possible tensions could be expected due to the regional situation, especially in the close-by countries.
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, HR, Psychology or other relevant sector.
At least 5 years of experience as HR Manager / Coordinator in a professional organization (private, public and/or non-for-profit sector;
At least 2 years of experience in the humanitarian sector overseas;
Proven experience in tools development and HR policies design;
Proven experience in coordination at country level;
Proven training and capacity building experience;
Experience in working in complex, fast-changing and volatile contexts;
Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious / cohesive teamwork, in a cross cultural context;
A previous work experience in the region is an asset.
Fluency in written and oral English
Good utilization of Excel and Word
Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
Knowledge of French is an asset
Strong organizational skills
Autonomous, reactive and able to deal with priorities
Extremely rigorous and precise, attention to details
Diplomat, able to work collaboratively in a team
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Practical and problems solving
Ability to deal with complexity at different level
• Length of the contract: 12 months
• Salary from 2757 € (gross) / month regarding the experience of the candidate
• Per-diem: 588€/month net
• Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Paid holiday: 25 days per year
• R&R: 1 day per month
• Family situation possible
• Accommodation: collective or individual housing depending on status