Desired start date: 15/11/2020
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Position based in Amman with movements in Syria
ABOUT THE MISSION
Syria mission is working into 2 heavily affected areas of Syria by the last years of conflict: Northeast (NES) and Northwest (NWS). Syria mission is dedicated to provide lifesaving activities to the most vulnerable population. Main activities include emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation, distribution of essential NFI (winterization, hygiene, shelter, new arrival kits, etc..) and cash, and WAHS and Health infrastructures rehabilitation. The mission has been expanded in 2018-2019 through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The consortium will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health in NES.
The SI Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 25 million USD budget forecasted for 2020.
ABOUT THE JOB
As part of the coordination team, and working closely with the program and support departments at coordination level, as well as the base teams, the Grants Coordinator is the mission’s focal point on ensuring accountability to donors.
Specifically, he/she is in charge of:
- Contributing to the mission’s strategic development.
- Monitoring and identifying funding opportunities in line with SI country and global strategy.
- Leading the planning, development and consolidation of timely and high quality proposals, reports and contract modification requests for submission to donors and consortium partners.
- Monitoring compliance with donor procedures throughout the grant cycle and building capacity of new and existing staff on internal accountability tools and donor procedures.
Her / His line manager is Deputy Country Director for Programs
THE MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Donor Relations : Contributes to the Country Office representation with donors through attendance in meetings, providing updates on the status of the project, and communicating directly with donor focal points when required
- Financing strategy : Actively monitors and identifies funding opportunities from SI institutional donors, new institutional donors, funding from foundations and private donors as well as co-funding opportunities.
- Project Design and Development : Leads the coordination between Field Office/s, Technical Coordinator/s and Support teams and acts as focal point for the planning, design and submission of concept notes and proposals
- Reporting : Leads all closure meetings to disseminate information about the completed project (programmatic, financial, administrative, logistical etc.) to all relevant staff, and launches the Final Report writing process
- Contractual management : Plan, prepare and leads all kick-off meetings, closure meetings and quarterly/regular, at coordination level, review to disseminate information, facilitate the anticipation of any challenge/request of modifications about all contractual obligations (programmatic, financial, administrative, logistical etc.) to all relevant staff, and disseminates and monitors all points to be actioned by relevant departments following the meeting
- Grants team management
- External compliance: Coordinated SI responses to due diligence/vetting exercises conducted by donors or Prime recipients.
- External Audits: Monitors and disseminates deadlines for incoming audits, liaises with the Transparency and Institutional Development department at HQ to plan the audit and contract with the audit firm (if relevant).
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing humanitarian grants with project management experience preferred;
- Experience developing proposals with rigorous requirements and tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read) is mendatory
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and across various time zones
- Strong initiatives and improvisation capacities
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members
- Good stress management
- Prior experience in Middle East an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: starting from 2860 € gross per month, according to experience (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 785 USD. The salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
Social and medical cover: During your mission with SI, you will benefit from an insurance package, which compiles during your expatriation time : health insurance, civil liability, contingency & repatriation. Conditions of those insurances will be explained to you during your HR administrative briefing.
LIVING CONDITIONS :
Living conditions in Amman are very good and staff have access to a wide range of restaurants, cafés and bars. Most of occidental products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible in Amman. The country also proposes several destinations for weekends.
Housing/Family packages could be proposed for a minimum commitment of one year, oraccommodation in SI guesthouses which are spacious and very comfortable
The perdiem rate for Amman is 785 USD a month.
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?i…. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/