iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The Information Management Coordinator (IMO) will provide information management and coordination support to OCHA, Clusters and NGOs with regard to data collection, data analysis, databases management, GIS, cartography and spatial analysis. He/she will be hosted at UNOCHA office in Sana’a, Yemen and iMMAP Regional Office in Amman, Jordan; iMMAP will be responsible for the management of the candidate.
The following deliveries are expected from the position:
- Coordinating the workflow between iMMAP Regional Office’s Functional Units,UNOCHA and relevant Clusters which may require any additional IM support;
- Lead the Capacity Building Team in Yemen and establish communication channels with iMMAP Regional Office Team to enhance training materials;
- Oversee Project’s IM Support resources and tasks and assign resources where necessary;
- Support the recruitment process of project staff (review resumes and interview shortlisted candidates);
- Act as a Technical Focal Point of all IM activities, streamlining and advising on best IM practices where required;
- Continuously monitor project’s resources and evaluate the need for additional resources when needed;
- Coordinate activities in accordance with practices and rules applicable to other IM actors;
- Actively contribute to the development of programs and projects that will help achieve IMMAP’s mission and vision in Yemen;
- Develop resources necessary to support the organization’s mission, i.e. constantly seeking opportunities to bring projects to the Country’s Program;
- Actively contribute to the establishment of employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for all day-to-day operations;
- Establish and maintain relationships with different stakeholders and various organizations
throughout Yemen and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance IMMAP’s mission;
- Responsible for effective administration and logistics of all Team’s operations;
- Perform any other information management duties as assigned by Project Management.
· University degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Information Science, Geographical Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant field.
· A High School diploma combined with an extensive relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a university degree.
· Minimum three (3) years of work experience in the field of Humanitarian Information Management is essential;
· Experience in data processing and analysis, the creation of reports and presentations (Excel, Access, SQL, PowerPoint);
· Experience in the use of software, such as Kobo, ActivityInfo, ODK;
· Experience in coordination and excellent skills at keeping others informed. To ensure he/she makes sure to provide timely, relevant information to the appropriate people;
· Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
· Relevant experience in working with a UN agency or another humanitarian agency is desirable;
· Minimum six (6) years of work experience in the field of Information Management is desirable;
· Experience in the area of emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, humanitarian/development environment, field coordination is an asset;
· Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills;
· A strong service orientation;
· Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
· Willingness to work extended hours beyond the normal office hours.
Reports to: iMMAP Project Manager
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through iMMAP Careers: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/101/