Regional Project Coordinator (PC) – Jordan
We are looking for our delegation in Jordan for a
Syrian Crisis Regional Project Coordinator (PC)
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Location: Amman, Jordan
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Expatriate contract under Swiss labour code 3 400 CHF (~2 950 €) < > 4 750 CHF (~4 100 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh interventions over the past years included Child Protection (CP) projects for the most marginalized, in Lebanon since 1977 and in Jordan since 2007. Tdh core expertise in Lebanon and Jordan includes Social Protection and Assistance (Psychosocial Support (PSS) activities, Life Skills, Informal Education, Case Management and Cash and In-Kind Assistance). Community mobilization is strengthening Child Protection system and mechanisms at community level to build a more protective environment for children. Capacity building of the local and national stakeholders is the cornerstone of the longer-term projects and a priority for Tdh in the MENA region.
The proposed regional project, funded by AFD, targets the areas of Jordan and Lebanon where needs are the direst, namely Bekaa and Beirut Governorates in Lebanon and Irbid, Jerash and Mafraq Governorates in Jordan. The aims of the project are to provide support to 13,754 direct beneficiaries from Syrian refugee and host communities by implementing a strategy based on a three-pronged approach:
• Response to the most dire child protection needs of the refugee and host communities, through addressing CP violations by case management and referral to specialized services;
• Prevention of the CP risks by reducing vulnerabilities through access to information, structured PSS and community based child protection;
• Capacity building of Tdh local partners and communities, where national CP system are reinforced by the trainings of CP and non-CP actors.
Tdh Migration Program:
Tdh addresses the protection and development challenges faced by Children and Youth affected by Migration (CYAM). It contributes to positive change by empowering them and their families and by working in partnership with key actors to improve their understanding, level of commitment and practices.
Tdh has a long experience of working with children and youth as well as their families and communities to build their confidence, increase their agency and support them to raise their voice. Building upon a strong understanding of the different vulnerabilities of girls and boys, Tdh has developed a systemic and integrated approach called “protective accompaniment” of children and youth affected by migration.
Tdh recognises the importance of CYAM expressing their views, living in safe and secure environments and benefiting from opportunities for their development. It also recognises the fact that boys and girls have different motivations to move, gender-specific vulnerabilities and needs, requiring our programming to adopt a gender sensitive approach.
Tdh’s added value specifically lies in:
- Enabling formal and non-formal actors to better collaborate and understand their respective roles, responsibilities and competencies;
- Supporting coordination and strengthening of child protection systems not only at local and national level but also at transnational level;
- Systematically linking environments of origin, transit and destination on migration routes;
- Accompanying children and youth in becoming actors of their own protection and development, and leaders of actions of change;
- Grounding our direct interventions and advocacy in information gathered from the field as well as in experiences, views and needs expressed by CYAM;
- Factoring in all information, expertise and resources available in the design and implementation of our interventions;
- Fostering strategic partnerships and alliances at local, national, regional and global level (academic, research, community actors, local and national authorities as well as civil society at large) to maximize our impact on CYAM.
The Regional Migration Project Coordinator is in charge to ensure an accurate, proper, timely and high quality implementation of the Migration regional project funded by the French Development Agency (AFD) in Jordan and Lebanon. That means s/he has a major responsibility for the project steering and outcomes.
The Regional Migration Project Coordinator is based in Amman and reports to the Regional Migration Manager, based in Cairo. S/he has a functional line with the Program Coordinators in Jordan and Lebanon with whom s/he works more especially on a daily and close basis, and also with all departments such as Q&A, Communication, Admin.& Finance and Log. & Security in both delegations.
The main tasks of this function are:
• Ensure the coordination of the project – lead the steering committee, organize monthly and quarterly coordination meetings, manage action plan, organize closure workshops…;
• Create a regional dynamic for the project to enhance common approaches and initiatives;
• Solidify relationship with the donor, including towards a more longer-term relationship and exploring further opportunities;
• Support the teams to develop and manage relationships with local partners;
Projects Cycle Management (PCM)
• Provide drive and leadership, with a strong emphasize on decision making and master of the key project management cycle steps;
• Oversee the planning and implementation of the project through a close collaboration with the Program Coordinators (LEB & JOR);
• Oversee the proper monitoring of the project impact, assessment of the value of each activity in terms of its contribution to expected outcomes;
• Ensure the monitoring of the project within the designed M&E framework, and the reporting of the project with a strong emphasize on bringing a regional perspective to the interventions;
• Ensure the correct financial management of the project in collaboration with the Program Coordinators (LEB & JOR) with a strong emphasize on analyzing forecast, monthly follow-up, reallocation…;
• Bridge a technical gap to the existing technical structures/support when necessary in coordination with the Program Coordinators, the technical units and the programmes;
• In collaboration with Program Coordinators (LEB & JOR) and in coordination with the Regional Communication Coordinator (JOR), contribute to the correct communication and visibility of the project according to the Communication Plan validated by the donor;
• Develop and draft advocacy messages to be used at national and regional levels;
• Contribute to build and promote the positioning of Tdh within regional advocacy initiatives and platforms (No Lost Generation, Mixed Migration Center…) especially in the fields of child rights, child protection and children and youth affected by migration;
• Contribute to the development of concept notes and project proposals;
• Monitor regional funding opportunities and map out donors with a regional focus on migration scope;
Education: University degree in relevant field
Language: Fluency in Arabic and English (French is an asset for the coordination with the donor)
Experiences and aptitudes:
Experience of NGO project management on the field mandatory:
• Previous relevant experience and extensive knowledge in implementation of child protection projects in the middle east context – LRRD/protracted crisis/resilience/Migration, and in advocacy;
• Previous relevant experience and extensive knowledge of project management (preferably cross- country/ regional level) including M&E and financial management;
· Experience in management of consortiums with local NGO;
· Ability to develop guidelines and transfer know-how to local actors;
· Large experience of major institutional donors (AFD; EU; UNICEF; SwS; DDC;) and significant projects;
Strong knowledge and expertise in M&E;
Experience with budgets and budgeting;
Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Others personal abilities
· Organized, prioritization of tasks including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking and working under pressure;
· Excellent team leadership;
· Strong capacity and motivation for team work, including through remote mechanisms;
· Communication of professional needs in a clear, concise and responsible manner;
· Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity;
· Tolerance and acceptance of diversity;
· Flexibility and strong adaptation skills;
· Ability to regularly travel to project locations (Lebanon and Jordan).
Child Safeguarding Policy:
· Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children
· Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse
· Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others
· Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please postulate on our website:
We will only consider complete online applications corresponding to the required profile.
Your application must include a complete CV and a covering letter. Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
If you face difficulties in applying online, please contact our HR department: [email protected]
Terre des hommes provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
What is Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387235
Please postulate on our website: