Program Coordinator- Reporting and Communications
For five years, USAID Takamol has focused on mainstreaming gender at policy, national, and community levels. During the upcoming two-year USAID Takamol’s work will be with government institutions and civil society to address gender priorities related to access to justice, political empowerment, education, and workforce participation. Takamol will address gender priorities within these four target sectors by building the capacity of public entities to mainstream gender within their strategies and services, and strengthening targeted advocacy and grassroots initiatives led by civil society on gender inequities. Takamol will lead participatory gender audit processes, deliver technical assistance and trainings, provide grants, and convene a Community of Practice with the objective of enhancing gender equity and female empowerment. The program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world.
Summary of Position
With direct management support of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Program Coordinator for Reporting and Communication will coordinate high-quality reporting and communications about USAID Takamol for internal, donor, and public audiences.
Description of Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal updates on an ongoing basis, compiling and reviewing updates.
- Draft sections of quarterly, annual, and final reporting to donors, including follow-up with staff for additional details. Create concise and well written narratives on results of program activities. Identify reporting gaps and work with team members to fill.
- Contribute to collecting reporting and learning data by interviewing participants and stakeholders, observing activities, conducting desk research, facilitating staff reflections, reviewing program files
- Assist in analysis to identify lessons learned and best practices based on the experience of staff and partner;
- Editing support in Arabic and English;
- Working with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, develop a project communications plan for external and internal products.
- Manage the USAID Takamol Facebook page, including coordinating with staff to prepare social media updates and ensure high-quality posts in Arabic and English
- Works with the team on Takamol communications products, including newsletters, factsheets, and press releases.
- Support team members in developing event briefing documents and agendas;
- Review all products and event activities for proper application of Takamol’s approved Branding Strategy and marking Plan
- Assist in preparing and designing documents, including reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Coordinate with consultants for translation and design.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as but not limited to social studies, international development and women’s studies;
- At least two years of work experience, preferably working with civil society and/or government stakeholders in Jordan;
- USAID experience preferred;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in both Arabic and English;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software; software skills in basic layout and graphic design preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility.
Please submit a cover letter and resume through IREX’s career page.