General Description of the Programme:
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 13 countries world-wide.
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and is contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governorate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Procurement Department by coordinating all local, national and international procurement ensuring that all procurement is conducted in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Ensure that all procurement procedures are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Manage procurement staff, distributing tasks according to specialist areas, monitoring performance and providing on-going training in roles and procedures;
- Monitor the progress of all orders, in particular following up orders awaiting approvals to ensure they do not get delayed in the system;
- Check and approve procurement paperwork prepared by relevant procurement staff;
- Manage the set up and maintenance of all procurement filing, electronic and hardcopy, and ensure that files are complete, correct and include all relevant documentation to meet audit requirements;
- Ensure that the Anti-Terror and Sanctions Checks (ATSC) file is complete and kept up to date, and ATSCs for suppliers are renewed as per GOAL policy;
- Organise regular local market surveys and ensure the Vendor Roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process;
- Maintain costing data to enable budget holders have easy access to prices for budget formulation;
- Implement improved systems and procedures for procurement as agreed with e ACDS;
- Review and address issues related to procurement procedures that arise from internal audits and reviews;
- Perform regional procurement, manage International tenders for high value procurements, in line with GOAL Logistics Systems.
- Coordinate international procurement and orders with GOAL Syria HQ Logistics Focal Point
- Ensure that procurement is integrated in overall programme planning, when new budgets are being proposed provide information on supply costs, transport costs, delivery times and any related customs issues ensuring that adequate resources are available for realistic budgeting,
- Assist Programme Coordinators in developing procurement plans and monitor spend vs budget
- Carry out trainings for programme and procurement staff as necessary
- Participate in Grant Management Meetings ensuring there is full update/information on Procurement for each grant
- Ensure that all asset information is obtained on procurement and provided to the for central fixed asset register management.
- Liaise closely with the procurement team to ensure that the GOAL Syria Order Tracking System (OTS) is updated on a daily basis, and that the report is available to all budget holders on an ongoing basis;
- Ensure that the OTS captures all relevant information and dates;
- Ensure that all comments on delays in procurement, special procurement requirements, or other relevant information is updated onto the OTS on a daily basis;
- Communicate to all relevant staff on orders awaiting approvals to ensure they do not get delayed in the system;
- Communicate to budget holders and requestors on any expected delays;
Finance & Procurement:
- Ensure Payment Request Forms (PRF) are raised promptly after delivery of supplies or completion of services;
- Check PRFs and ensure attached procurement files are complete, correct and have the relevant signatures before they are submitted to finance department for payment;
- Ensure the contract database is kept up to date and available to relevant staff.
- Work on accrual lists for closing grants with liquidation periods and share it with finance
- Ensure that the monthly funds forecast is shared with Finance as requested
- Prepare a weekly Procurement Report,
- Contribute to Donor Reports as needed,
- Contribute to HQ reports as required,
Human Resource Management:
- Ensure that personnel involved in purchasing are adequately trained for their roles and are aware of their responsibilities. When the need arises provide comprehensive training.
- Manage performance evaluation for procurement personnel;
- Manage annual leave of procurement staff and ensure that there are sufficient procurement staff on duty at any given time to avoid interruption to operations.
- Provide induction briefings on procurement to all new personnel
- Any other duties as directed by the Systems Director
- Degree in Business, Accounting and/or equivalent years practical work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors;
- At least 2 years proven management experience;
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours as required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest;
- Ability to write, speak and work in English.
- Candidates ideally should be entitled to work in Turkey at the time of application.
- Previous work experience in procurement with an International Humanitarian NGO,
- Previous experience with Remote/Distance Management,
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), or other); and
- Fluent in Turkish and/or Arabic.
Interested? Then apply now and fill out the application form.All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 13 July 2018.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click here and fill out the application form. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.