Position title: Local Development Initiatives Coordinator, Middle East Field Support Services
Position location: Amman, Jordan
Reports to: Project Manager, FSS-ME
Application deadline: June 15, 2020
Nature and Scope:
In response to a Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Middle East Field Support Services (ME-FSS) Project. The ME-FSS is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the Middle East region. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for GAC and other clients identified by GAC in the region. The services provided by the ME-FSS will also include management of small local funds and development initiatives. WUSC is seeking individuals willing to submit their candidacy for consideration as a part of the implementation team for this project.
WUSC is issuing a call for a Local Development Initiatives (LDI) Coordinator who will be responsible for developing and managing the LDI mechanism to be implemented by the ME-FSS. The LDI Coordinator will report to the Project Manager, ME-FSS.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as business, finance, accounting, logistics, international development, procurement, project management, business administration, sociology, women’s studies, or applied sciences;
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience performing project coordination duties, working international development stakeholders and projects, in a developing country;
- Demonstrated relevant experience providing relevant duties in Iraq, Jordan or Lebanon; experience in a regional capacity an asset;
- Significant experience in developing, implementing and monitoring and reporting on local development initiatives mechanisms, for example, management of small grants for local organizations.
- Advanced professional proficiency in English and Arabic (oral, writing and reading) required.
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a leading Canadian international development organization that works with and through its southern partners to promote sustainable development. Founded in 1957 and currently working in 22 countries worldwide with an annual budget of approximately $35 million dollars, WUSC’s mission is to foster human development and global understanding through education and training. Our internationally recognized programs support youth, women and other marginalized populations, focusing on three thematic areas of education, employment and empowerment. Globally, WUSC works with a network of higher education institutions, civil society organizations, private sector partners, professionals, students, volunteers, faculty and community leaders that can be leveraged to support our work.
How to apply
Interested candidates should contact: [email protected] Please indicate “LDI Coordinator ME-FSS” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and CV. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.