Finance and Admin Coordinator
For five years, USAID Takamol has focused on mainstreaming gender at policy, national, and community levels. During the upcoming two-year USAID Takamol’s work will be with government institutions and civil society to address gender priorities related to access to justice, political empowerment, education, and workforce participation. Takamol will address gender priorities within these four target sectors by building the capacity of public entities to mainstream gender within their strategies and services, and strengthening targeted advocacy and grassroots initiatives led by civil society on gender inequities. Takamol will lead participatory gender audit processes, deliver technical assistance and trainings, provide grants, and convene a Community of Practice with the objective of enhancing gender equity and female empowerment. The program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world.
Summary of Position
The Finance and Operations Coordinator will support smooth operations regarding accounting, procurement, and logistics. The ideal candidate will bring prior experience supporting logistics and finance on a USAID project. The Coordinator will work across the team to support their logistics and procurement needs, and must be professional in communicating with vendors.
Description of Responsibilities
- Assist in procurements by contacting vendors with specifications, drafting procurement action memos, and compiling procurement documentation.
- Contact and follow-up with operations and logistic vendors, coordinating with staff to understand the Program’s needs. Review staff requests for arranging event logistics, contact vendors accordingly, and prepare arrangements with the Admin Assistance;
- Coordinate travel, including receiving car requests and arranging the schedule of the driver;
- Use templates to draft contracts, modifications, and grant documentation, with the support of staff;
- Support the Senior Finance & Grants Officer conduct financial and due diligence reviews of grantees and vendors, as needed;
- Assist in maintaining accounting, field operations, grant, and HR records;
- Review petty cash requests and maintain petty cash system;
- Enter payments into Quickbooks on an as-needed basis, including scanning and uploading back-up;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or other relevant field;
- Basic accounting experience is preferred;
- At least 2 years work experience required;
- Previous experience with international organizations, preferably USAID-funded, is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel is a must; experience with Quickbooks and/or accounting systems is preferred.;
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; attention to detail, reliability, thoroughness and accuracy with numbers;
- Ability to plan, prioritize, track files and effectively manage information;
- Ability to write and present information in a clear and concise way;
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional and ethical, behavior when interacting with partners and stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player;
- Fluent Arabic and English (speaking, reading, writing).
Please submit a cover letter and resume through IREX’s career page.