Title : WoS Finance Coordinator
Reporting to : WoS Finance Manager
Location : Amman, Jordan
Under the direct supervision of the WoS Finance Manager, the primary responsibility of the Finance Coordinator is to liaise regularly with Syria mission Hubs (Amman, Turkey, and Iraq) Finance managers on monthly finance reports, collecting updated budget vs actual, and donor financial reports.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly finance closing of Syria mission hubs on time:
- Collect monthly financial reports from different hubs and run an accuracy check before sharing it with regional office.
- Maintain monthly BVAs and ensure the spending vs forecast is on track and raise necessary questions to Hub leads and Hub based finance manager when applicable.
- Collaborate with the Banks to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments of staff, suppliers and contractors incorrect account details etc)
- Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
- Maintain full computerized and up-to-date filing system for the WoS office.
- Run random sample checks of Syria mission hub files and flag compliance issues to WoS Finance Manager.
- Prepare OFDA monthly financial reports for WoS Manager Review.
- Prepare/Maintain/update Syria mission master budget and monthly shared cost allocation key for the WoS staff salaries and shared cost expenses. Moreover, provide different types of need based financial analysis.
- Coordinate on regular basis with Turkey and Iraq hub regarding bi-weekly hawala needs and keep up to date information on hawala distributions.
- Verify the WoS office expenses, expats allowances and other cash payments. Moreover ensure timely processing of national staff payroll.
- Ensure monthly books are closed in NetSuite by 7th of each month. Upon books closing run GL/transaction review to identify errors for re-booking.
- Facilitate Syria mission on donor/external audits and ensure Jordan office is always audit ready.
- Occasionally travel to Turkey and Iraq for gap filing of finance staff.
- Prepare mission proposal budgets in absence of the Wos Finance Manager.
- Ensure OFDA and RI compliance while processing payments.
- Liaise with consortium leads/partners on financial reporting requirements, compliance reviews and budget realignments. Moreover participate in monthly finance meetings.
- On monthly basis work with Iraq and Jordan mission on Syria mission expenses reconciliation.
- Present WoS Finance Manager in consortium partners finance meetings as and when needed.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor and act as acting WoS finance manager when needed.
- University degree in accountancy, finance or business management. CMA/ACCA and other accountancy qualifications are desirable.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience working with INGO as Sr. Finance officer/coordinator or on manager level role
- Past experience of working in USAID/OFDA and Echo funded projects. Moreover hands on experiences of donor monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Comfortable to travel within the region on short notice, as and when needed
- Strong skills required for drafting donor budgets
- Strong analytical and advanced MS Excel skills
- Solid understanding of USAID and EC donors compliance, reporting and budgeting rules & regulations
- Solid experience of working on similar role on MENA regional offices with other International humanitarian NGOs
- Good communicator, strong negotiations and report writing skills
- Past experience of working on computerized accounting software (e.g. NetSuite, Sun system, ERP and etc.)
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the Job opportunity, please send your CV in English to [email protected]before January 13, 2021, stating in the subject “ WoS Finance Coordinator”
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications