Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP), the Finance Coordinator is overall responsible for the financial operations and for providing quality financial coordination to the Syria Resilience Consortium (SRC). The position is responsible for the review and consolidation of budgets, consolidation, monitoring, analysis and review of financial reports of international consortium members; financial capacity building; managing internal consortium – wide programme audit; and monitoring and discussing of burn-rates.
The Financial Coordinator is responsible for monitoring monthly financial reports of all international partners in the consortium, and consolidating quarterly and annual expenditure reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Responsibility #1: Consolidate Financial Reports and Conduct Quality Review Time: 30%
- Responsible for the preparation, consolidation and submission of complete, accurate, reliable and timely financial reports that will feed into donors reporting;
- Design good sub granting and financial reporting expectations. Monitor the subgrants to the international partners, in collaboration with the DCoP and consortium members.
- Check invoices by verifying mathematical accuracy and ensuring that appropriate procurement authorization and supporting documentation are attached;
- Consult with Administration and Procurement staff at all times on completeness of supporting documentation for all payment requests, and take necessary action to expedite settlement of all outstanding invoices;
- Monitor overall consortium burn-rates; analyse challenges and successes for discussions within the consortium, at Steering Committee, Program Management Unit, or Area Coordinator levels, depending on the issue.
- Prepare for and implement internal, consortium-wide audit procedures.
- Prepare grant list and review grant monitoring reports.
Responsibility #2: Budget Preparation and Review and Manage External Audit Time: 20%
- Manage development of budgets for new proposals and directly responsible for budget development of the PCU budget along with the DCoP
- Check the Consortium detail budgets for arithmetical accuracy and check justifications against the budget
- Produce expenditure forecasts
- Coordinate external audits, including completion of external audit agreements/engagement letters,
- Review external audits and engage in any discussions with audit companies when required.
Responsibility #3: Manage and Coordinate Internal Agreements/Contracts, Fund Code management, and Cash Receipts Time: 25%**
- Review cash receipts or bank deposit slips for booking Cash receipt into financial software.
- Adjust appropriate sub-legers of staff or vendor for all deposits slips in to the bank.
- Record receipts from donor in AR for all fund received from donor for the project activities.
- Produce PCU cost sharing invoices and receipts, and follow up with the CMs on fund transfers
- Follow up on acquiring approvals on internal agreements (IPIAs)
- Follow up on signing and submitting fund requests
- Complete FC/PID, AIDs, and DAB Upload setup forms, and follow up with the SSC
- Follow up with the HQ Treasury on fund receipts
- Adjust and reclassify/correct entries after review
- Track and follow up on donor receivable/payable
- Perform PAR/level of effort allocation
- Review request for advance and TER
Responsibility #4: Participate in the analysis and preparation of periodic**
financial/donor reports and donor budgets Time: 20%
· Maintain project and donor database information and files in both hard and soft copies;
- Review grant agreements and map donor budget lines for appropriate management decisions and reporting;
- Analyze monthly expenditure reports for management;
- Analyze quarterly donor reports discuss issues with the DCoP, relevant international organization, and/or Consortium Finance focal points.
- Prepare quarterly reconciliation reports between grant and contract reports and actual expenses by the end of the month following quarter;
- Ensure compliance of all donor requirements as per signed contracts when reviewing expenses and preparing financial reports.
Responsibility #5 Other duties and Responsibilities assigned by the supervisor Time: 5%
Required: BA degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Desired: An advanced degree in any related area MBA/Financial Management or CPA
· At least 5 years of accounting experience.
· Experience in budgeting and budget Monitoring
· Extensive experience in analyzing and applying differing requirements and regulations.
· Three years of experience working for NGOs or similar not-for-profit organizations.
· Prior experience in supervising the work of other staff members
C. Managerial Know How
This position requires Related managerial know-how: Operational or conceptual integration or coordination of activities that are relatively homogeneous in nature.
D. Technical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
· High level of expertise in using Microsoft Word & Excel
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Detail oriented
· Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work on one’s own and complete tasks and produce high quality output.
· Should be customer focused, communicating with impact and managing performance effectively.
· Proactive in problem solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions.
- Excellent understanding of fund accounting principles and processes.
· Good written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English.
· Good computer skills in MS Word, Excel spreadsheets, internet and database software programs relating to accounting.
Experience of Financial software such as the people soft System
C. Human relations skills
The Human Relations Skills for this position are designated as Basic: courtesy, tack and effectiveness in dealing with others in everyday working relationships, including contacts to request or provide information.
*CARE Core Competencies:
• Respect – Behaving in a manner that reflects a true belief in and appreciation for the dignity and potential of all human beings. Gaining other people’s confidence and setting an environment of trust and openness.
• Integrity – Maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles inherent to CARE.
• Excellence – Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed; ensuring interactions and transactions are ethical and convey integrity.
• Diversity – Promoting, valuing, respecting and fully benefiting from each individual’s unique qualities, background, race, culture, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives or interests; creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity.
- Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relations.
- Information Monitoring – Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively in accordance with CARE’s core values.
- Collaboration – Working effectively and cooperatively with others toward shared goals; establishing and maintaining principle-centered working relationships.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking decisive action to achieve goals in times of uncertainty or in fluid contexts; being proactive.
- Follow-up – Monitoring the results of assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a CV by June 1st , 2020 to [email protected] with the subject heading “Finanace Coordinator “.** Please do not apply unless you meet the minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.