Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Report to: DCD for Operations
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scope of Work:
- Ensure the accuracy and authenticity of all accounting and financial records and transactions.
- Timely submission of accounting documentation and reports to IMC Headquarters, and follow-up for needed adjustments.
- Manages the finance department of the country office to meet the financial reporting requirements of in-country management and Headquarters; This function includes ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines set and contain relevant information for all the users of the financial reports
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports for external purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements
- Ensure financial transactions are carried out in accordance with IMC, Donors and local legislative policies and procedures.
- In coordination with other departments facilitates and supervises budget preparation and submission, monitors budgeted versus actual expenses for each project ensuring administrative compliance with donors’ requirements, in coordination with Budget Holders prepares review of the budget expenditures for the Country SMT with suggestions for re-alignments or Cost/No-Cost Extensions.
- Supervise and mentor junior finance staff and committed to staff training and development
- Maintain open lines of communications with all staff.
- Establish systems and apply Internal controls to prevent fraudulent activities.
- Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to country activities
- Work with key donor Staff to develop and maintain optimum financial and programmatic relationship
- Interface with national government and relevant agencies to ensure compliance with varying government regulations
- Determine training needs for finance staff
- Train staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Make frequent visits to field offices provide training to finance staff on internal procedures and requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor as the duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- BA in Accounting, Finance or similar, Advanced degree is desirable
- Minimum 7 years managerial experience in a non-profit organization or equivalent experience, training and education
- Comprehensive knowledge and working experience with USAID, DFID, ECHO, EU, UN agencies and other donors
- Extensive experience in working with Excel and computerized accounting system.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language is a must
- Analytical approach, Strong attention to details and numbers oriented
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving, planning and decision making skills
- Good time management skills and must be able to prioritize different tasks
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve International Medical Corps goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed
Anyone who feels qualified for the above mentioned positions can apply by sending their CVs to the HR Department: [email protected], mentioning the job title in your email subject line.
Please note that deadline for receiving application is on 13th of April 2019**