Programme Quality Coordinator – Information Management Systems – Syria
12 Months contract, based in Amman
Overview / Objectives of the position:
Reporting to the Senior Programme Quality Coordinator(SPQC) , the Programme Quality Coordinator (PQC) is responsible for providing strategic leadership, and technical oversight of the GOAL Syria programme Information Management Systems, and support the MIS Coordinator and Beneficiary Selection Manager in driving enhanced system integration and harmonisation across these departments aiming for improved process efficiencies, streamlining and data access and utilization.
Effectiveness and Efficiency of Information Management Systems
- Directly line manage the MIS Coordinator, and Beneficiary Selection Manager, and supervise all aspects of data and information capture, management, analysis, reporting and application in GOAL Syria’s programming.
- Liaise with other departments including Accountability, ICT, Monitoring & Evaluation, Finance/Administration, Procurement and Human Resource departments to ensure adequate support for all MIS systems delivered by MIS Coordinator and team.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a “fit-for-purpose “audit of the MIS department together with the MIS Coordinator and in consultation with key stakeholders in GOAL Syria, including MIS programme data capture, flow, analysis process mapping and turnaround times. Identify efficiency gaps and weaknesses in information management systems and address with relevant staff and departments.
- Ensure that MIS Team provides necessary technical support and guidance to Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Beneficiary Selection and Verification, Programme and Logistics Supply Chain departments regarding information system improvements, to facilitate accurate flow of information related to the beneficiary selection processes, delivery of assistance tracking, and community complaints and response data (CCRM).
- Lead the MIS team in systematising the consolidation and integration of programme data of GOAL and Partner organizations ensuring alignment of data capture, cleaning, and management processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the documentation and quality production of MIS department best practices, lessons learnt, and information management standard operating protocols for sharing with HQ and within GOAL Syria. Strategically disseminate findings, knowledge and guidance including but not limited to HQ communities of practice, virtual and on-site workshops,
Reporting, Analysis and Information Dissemination
- Capture the required information requests from the GOAL programmes and PQ team and streamline the production, communication and dissemination of information flow to GOAL using effective data visualisation platforms.
- Ensure that programme and programme quality summary statistics are generated and communicated routinely to facilitate decision-making and support oversight of programme implementation and monitoring using appropriate information visualisation and communication platforms.
- Coordinate and support responses to data requests from Programmes and Grants teams.
- Support MIS Coordinator and Beneficiary Selection Manager in verification of beneficiary reporting figures for donor reports, ensuring that reported figures best match with sources of information.
Data Protection & Quality Control
- Lead on designing and roll out of GOAL Syria beneficiary data protection policies and its application in the field.
- Design, and roll out routine data quality audits on key GOAL Syria and partner programme, Accountability, and M&E databases (including beneficiary databases, WASH database).
- Generate reports on findings to SPQC and Programme Directors and coordinate with relevant teams to identify and carry out appropriate plan of action/follow-up to address them.
- Design staff competency framework and identify gaps in MIS team functions or capacity. Lead trainings and coaching for MIS and Beneficiary Selection team as well as other relevant stakeholders in wider Programmes team to ensure uniform and standard understanding of information/data flows, data visualization platforms, databases, as well as roles and responsibilities.
Coordination, Representation and Other
- Coordinate closely with GOAL HQ MIS and MEAL team on quarterly and annual programmatic and strategic results reporting requirements.
- Country implementation of new and revised MIS protocols and processes suggested by GOAL HQ.
- Attend and lead relevant meetings on information and data management with GOAL Syria and partners.
- Ensure back-up and organization of all data and information sources (hard copy, soft copy)
The PQC may be requested to support the SPQC as required in regard to:
- Departmental management and leadership, and the streamlining and implementation of departmental processes and procedures.
- Delegate for the SPQC during times of their absence from the office.
- Support with other PQ department duties and responsibilities as required by the SPQC.
Requirements: Technical & Functional skills
- MSc Degree in relevant field (Social Sciences, International Development Knowledge Management, Information Management Systems).
- At least three (3) years of experience in a position with similar management and leadership responsibilities and tasks, preferably with international NGOS or operational UN agencies.
- Capacity to design and maintain mobile data collection tools within ODK-based systems, including CommCare.
- Advanced computing skills for data management, analysis, and reporting, such as MS Excel and including Power BI or similar analytics platforms.
- Proven capability to design and conduct effective technical training.
- Experience in using statistical software packages such as SPSS or R.
- Experience of relational database design and development such as using SQL.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead and work effectively and independently with a multi-cultural team with differing areas of expertise.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English.
Requirements: GOAL Competencies
- Communication: Skilled communicator and ability to work effectively across multiple cultures, including remotely.
- Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and to continually reprioritise multiple tasks as a result of new information.
- Work style: Highly organized team player, pro-active and with demonstrated strong personal initiative and management skills. Proven solid analytical, and MIS skill sets.
- Travel: Ability and willingness to travel to Turkey and regionally when required.
- Good contextual knowledge of North West Syria ‐ social, cultural and economic context, priorities and constraints. Fluency in Arabic is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and independently within a multi-cultural team with differing areas of expertise.
General terms and conditions
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
- Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
Please apply here: https://www.goalglobal.org/careers/?gh_jid=2231462