مطلوب منسق (ة) للعمل في منظمة دولية
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The iMMAP MENA Research & Analysis Unit (R&A) is providing ongoing contextual analysis support to a Syria focused BHA-supported project.The Research Coordinator is a senior researcher role that will work with the iMMAP research and analysis team to provide coordinated research and analytical support to Syria focused activities within a regional context as well. Roles may include, but are not limited to, leading and coordinating research activities with research staff and short-term technical consultants, conducting key informant interviews and independent research, supporting in the design and drafting of research tools, and building and maintaining relationships with partner organizations. The Research Coordinator will report to the team lead.
Description of Duties
The Research Coordinator will work with the iMMAP analysis team to provide in-depth analysis on the changing situation in Syria and the geopolitical developments that affect dynamics within the country and surrounding region. These include, but not limited to, analysis of the changing political and conflict situation; analysis of responses; analysis of trends that may impact the humanitarian response.
- The Research Coordinator will primarily be involved in tracking atmospheric data and conducting analysis, composing contextual reports based upon said analysis, supporting the production of reporting products, meeting with, and briefing, partners and stakeholders.
- Produce regular reports and analysis while assisting in the design of products to best fit the information needs of iMMAP partners and the humanitarian response.
- Engage in regular review of open-source information and field research materials pertaining to developments in the region.
- Contribute to the design and drafting of product-specific research tools and question sets.
- Engage in independent open-source research.
- Direct and supervise research activities of other staff.
- Coordinate closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of data collection and field operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or comparable work experience.
• Five years of professional and/or academic experience in a research related field (preferably providing support to research and analysis projects, ideally those focused on conflict and crises and or humanitarian responses).
• Excellent research and analytical skills are an asset, including in mixed-method (quantitative and qualitative) research, design, and evaluation
• Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting, including proven experience in contributing to high-level presentations.
• High organizational and inter-personal skills.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the political, cultural, and humanitarian context of the region.
• Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently.
• Understanding of and/or proficiency in data collection platforms, GIS software, and data visualization platforms an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
• Fluency in Arabic speaking and writing required. Proficiency in spoken and written English highly desired.
• Jordanian Nationality.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
DISCLAIMER: Note that due to the urgency of this position, the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the recruitment closing date.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/606