Technical Coordinator Economic Inclusion – JORDAN
Place: JORDAN (Amman)
Length: 6 months
Starting date: 4th February 2019
Closing date for applications: 18th November 2018
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in more than 55 countries; for further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI’s Middle East Regional Programme coordinates missions in 4 different countries (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine) for now. The programme is engaged in the second part of its StrateOp 2015 – 2019 with a massive growing of financial volumes on the last 2 years. The program is covering the full mandate of HI – emergency, mine action and development with a strong focus on continuum and resilience. The program has a total volume expected for 2018 of 11M Euros with 220 expatriates and national staff.
HI has been mandated by Drosos Foundation to support the design Drosos’ cross-regional programme for employability of persons with disabilities and promotion of an inclusive labour market in the MENA region (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia).
In line with the Terms of Reference (ToR) defined by Drosos, HI will facilitate participatory discussions between Drosos staff and its partners in the region and use the results to produce the following deliverables:
• Development of a Theory of Change (ToC) on employability of persons with disability and promotion of an inclusive labour market in MENA region
• Development of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework for Drosos Cross-regional programme in line with the newly developed Theory of Change
• Development of a knowledge management model and regional community of practice for knowledge generation, sharing and dissemination and development of a guidance document for advocacy and lobbying on employability and access to work for people with disabilities.
These deliverables will be achieved through the implementation of several activities. HI will be responsible to organize the logistics of all activities, implement the activities and to produce all associated deliverables.
The timeframe for the implementation of the offer of services is February to July 2019.
Services to Drosos will be implemented by HI MEREP Regional Technical Unit (RTU) with the direct support of several technical resources in HQ and other HI missions in and outside the MENA region. The Technical Coordinator will be the key and main player of a team composed of the following other position:
• A Team Leader
• An Inclusive Employment Advisor
• A Knowledge Management Technical Advisor
• An Inclusive Employment Policy Officer
• IT consultant
As Technical Coordinator, you will be a member of the MEREP RTU and report to the RTU Coordinator. Your main objective will be to support the successful implementation of the offer of services to Drosos.
In this framework, your main responsibilities are the following:
· Carry out a situation analysis on the work situation of persons with disabilities in MENA region and identify main stakeholders
· Lead the production of a cross-regional Theory of Change (ToC) and M&E framework for the employability of persons with disability in the MENA region
· Support the design of a Knowledge Management model and Community of Practice in the MENA region for the employability of persons with disability
YOUR PROFILE :
· You hold a Master degree in social sciences; disabilities studies preferably
· You have at least 5 years of experience in INGOs or consultancies working in development programs
· You have previous experience in developing Theory of Change and log-frames
· You have proven qualification in Project Cycle management
· You have experience in workshop facilitation and a good practice of participatory approaches
· You have excellent writing skills and a good ability to analyse and synthetize
· The knowledge of socio-economic inclusion of persons with disabilities is preferable
· You are autonomous, organized
· You are fluent in English and French (oral & written communication)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
· Security in Jordan is fairly good; living conditions in Amman are excellent. The post covers for the regional programme, which implies regular missions to the different countries where situation can be harsher and therefore under the conditions of security procedures established by HI, that have to be strictly followed.
· The position is based in the permanent Middle East Regional Programme covering for Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine missions.
· Starting date : 4th February 2019
· Length of the contract: 6 months**
· Employee status, according to experience :
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 624 € net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 1 day per month
- Status : position open to couples
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: