ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) is looking for Partnership & Compliance Coordinator who is for ensure the implementation of partnership & compliance policies, procedures and systems for the ActionAid Arab Region that is aligned to AAR Strategic Plan 2018-2022; In addition Partnership & Compliance Coordinator will ensure the adherence to good practices; AAI Global Framework and Standards, and compliance with all local labour laws and other statutory requirements in Jordan and Lebanon.
The Partnership & Compliance Coordinator is responsible to deliver on the ActionAid Arab Region strategic plan 2018-2022- People’s Action.
This role influences outcomes directly and clearly controls the activity of partnership & compliance related issues for AA Arab Region. In turns the result of the area/ function directly contribute to the functions / organisation’s overall performance.
Under the supervision of the Grants and Compliance Manager Partnership & Compliance Coordinator is responsible on the following
About ActionAid Arab Region
At ActionAid Arab Region we work with grass root organizations and civil society actors that have a strong focus on youth and women in local governance. ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) knows that to create lasting change, the root causes of poverty and injustice must be addressed and that affected communities must become the drivers of the change they want to see. Read more at https://arab-region.actionaid.org/
Job Title: Partnership & Compliance Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Grants & Compliance
Direct Reports: Partnership Officer, Interns, volunteers
Monthly Gross Salary Range: 1555 JOD – 1833 JOD (Based on the qualifications and competencies)
- Lead of the due diligence/ pre assessment for all partners prior to their engagement.
- Follow-up of the compliance process at implementing partner level by ensuring the monthly flow of documentation from the implementing partner to the Arab region office.
- Coordinate in compiling and filing all project related financial, logistics, MEAL, administrative, HR, and programme information in the designated project Compliance folder.
- Coordinate & identifying the compliance issues by filling the compliance checklists and full partners documentation.
- Link with the other departments and share the compliance issues identified and the action plan to mitigate the risk.
- Follow-up of the action plan.
- Coordinate and led on the monthly update of the partners’ files and update accordingly and follow up on the (contract Management System)
- Conduct a Partners Monthly Compliance Report.
- Review updated log frames for donor reports.
- Conduct when needed (according to partners assessment) trainings for partners on partnership programmatic and financial policies of the organization covering know-how gaps of the partners.
- Major contribution in the ActionAid Arab Region assurance, semi-annual, annual reports.
- Coordinate to the implementation of the recommendations from external audits, on the partners’ level as well as the organizational level.
- Coordinate the drafting of the Terms of reference
- Participate to internal audit missions and follow up on the internal partners audit checklists
- Provide a drafted compliance reporting and action plan
- FacilitScoping, identification, and assessment of potential partner organizations in Jordan.
- Contribute in MOU between the parties, including clarity on the responsibilities of each Jordanian partner, AA AR and AA DK, and the capacity strengthening needs of partners.
- With selected partner(s) identify capacity needs and develop a comprehensive capacity development plan.
- Provide ongoing support/capacity development/orientation of local partners on methodology and implementation,
- Perform any other activities as assigned by immediate supervisorate the partners’ audit recommendation follow-up
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience:
Education & Certification:
- BSC in Finance/ Audit/ International Relations / business related field / or other relevant field.
Desirable Knowledge, skills and Experience
- At least four to six years relevant experience from a reputable organization, preferably an INGO.
- Previous experience in working with Partners
- Previous experience with donors, and especially (DAPP, DFID, EU, AICS) is an advantage.
- Previous related work experience no less than three years, preferably in the humanitarian field w/knowledge of finance and logistics
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment
- Basic knowledge of human rights and social context in Jordan and Lebanon
- Knowledge of HRM practices in Jordan and preferably Lebanon
- Analysis and report writing
- Presentation, communications, and negotiation
- Networking, influencing and interpersonal
- Planning, organisation, time management, and coordination
- Fluency in written and spoken English and native language
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Coaching, mentoring and capacity building/development
Mutual respect, Equity and justice, Honesty and transparency, Solidarity with the poor, Courage of conviction, Independence, Humility
How to apply
With your CV, motivation cover letter should be sent to: [email protected] (only received CVs on this email will be considered) please clearly indicate which position you are applying for, you will not be considered without putting this title in the subject bar. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.