Partnership & Compliance Coordinator
Job Title: Partnership & Compliance Coordinator
Sector: Partnership Unit / Programme Department
Location: Amman, Jordan.
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Report to: Programme Manager / Executive Director
Scope of Work:
The Partnerships Coordinator will lead the development of Mercy Without Limits partnership strategy and its operationalization. The Partnerships Coordinator will support the mapping and identification of new partnership opportunities, contribute to the assessment of partners’ organizational capacities, facilitate relevant capacity strengthening support, and provide ongoing support to the organization throughout the project cycle. S/he will work with Programme, Grants, Operations Units to ensure that partner agreements are in place and donor/MWL requirements complied with by the partner organizations.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Lead the development of Mercy Without Limits partnerships strategy in conjunction with Executive Director and Programme Manager in each of the organization’s core programme sectors.
· Ensure that the roll out of partnership-related initiatives are adequately budgeted for.
· Facilitate appropriate technical input to the development of annual plans, sector strategies and other planning documents focused on issues related to partnerships.
· Assess and review the current partnership portfolio, with the aim of growing and diversifying it.
· Update the existing partner mapping and explore new partnership opportunities.
· Conduct the initial partnership assessment of potential partners alongside relevant colleagues from other departments and validate findings with respective Area Managers.
· Provide the relevant Programme Manager with a Go/No Go recommendation.
· Maintain and regularly update a database for all partners and potential partners.
· Work with the Programme, Project Grants and operations Units to ensure that the sub-grant agreements, terms of references, terms of partnerships, as well as other relevant contractual documents are in place for existing and new partnerships.
· Develops relevant tools including reporting templates, trackers, quality benchmarks, end of partnership evaluation, etc.
· Maintains a financial and narrative reporting tracker, work with the Operations Units to follow up on submission of reports and ensures upload on relevant platforms.
· Provide management advice and make relevant contributions to the settlement of partner disputes and the management and close-out of suspected or confirmed mismanagement cases and subsequent partnership termination if/when relevant.
· Identify priority gaps in organization capacity (sectoral, programmatic and institutional), take the lead in the development of capacity building plans and ensure that those plans are effectively implemented and resourced (liaising with logistics, HR, finance, Technical Advisors and programme staff).
· Contribute to the development of capacity development strategies and approaches for civil society organizations.
· Develop simple self-assessment tools to help monitor own capacity.
· Design and deliver training workshops when applicable.
· Ensures coordination between the various Field Offices with regard to partnership.
· Build the capacities of field teams on partnership management.
Partnership Evaluation and Closeout
· Analyze results of ongoing partnerships, remote management and results on the ground to produce lessons learnt and inform strategic decision-making.
· Develop phase out plans and Key Performance Indicators.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Post graduate or master’s degree in relevant field.
· Minimum 5 years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector/with NGOs, with at least 3 years’ experience in partnership-based programming.
· Good skills and experience in all aspects of programme cycle management – design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
· Sound understanding of remote management/monitoring practices.
· Experience in organizational capacity development, training, mentoring and coaching
· Excellent training, facilitation and capacity building skills.
· Proven experience in field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with another NGOs/UN.
· Proven commitment to participatory approaches.
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
· An excellent team player with good skills in team work and consultative approach to decision making.
· Demonstrable experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including a good track record of report writing.
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
· A high level of written and spoken English.
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the values, mission and principles of Mercy Without Limits.
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send your resume, list of at least 3 professional references including contact information and cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please describe your reasons for applying, relevant qualifications, and how you learned about the position.
Mercy Without Limits is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants in need of accommodation during the interview can contact HR team at [email protected].
Mercy Without Limits thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.