Partnership Coordinator – Amman (Nationals Only) – Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
JIF is seeking a highly motivated Partenership Coordinator (PC) join the JIF secretariat and contribute to the implementation of our partnership strategy Overall objective: As part of JIF role within the transition phase in Jordan, the PC will support the Secretariat and JIF members to concretely implement the “localization” agenda and to enhance our partnership capacities with both local CSOs and the Government of Jordan.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings.
- Management of support team. Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Institutional Partnership.
- Develop systems, and capture lessons learned to ensure adequate collaboration with different levels of the GoJ.
- Maintain positive working relations with MoI, MoPIC, MoSD, MoIT and any other relevant ministry.
- Keep abreast of developments regarding the GoJ’s stand points and policies and regularly brief JIF Management on changes and impacts on JIF’s members.
- Act as a focal point between JIF members and different ministries to facilitate their work and contribute to the improvement of the administrative operational space.
- Make sure all JORISS rules and regulations are known by different INGO members and advise members on the project approval process.
- Partnership with local civic organisations.
- Develop and maintain a mapping of national NGO networks and coordination structures in Jordan, as well as key national NGOs within the humanitarian response.
- With the support of the JIF Coordinator, engage fruitful dialogue with selected local CBOs to strengthen the relationship with JIF members and ensure a stronger local voice is reflected in the Jordan humanitarian eco-system.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree. Knowledge of Jordanian legislation and policies related to INGO and local CBOs work in the country. Good knowledge of governance and administrative structures within Jordan, experience from working inside a governmental structure would be appreciated. Minimum 5 years of experience liaising with government of Jordan and/or working and supporting with local CBOs. Familiarity with the JRP process, project application, JORISS system and reporting to line ministries. Able to effectively communicate in meetings, with good presentation and negotiation skills. Context related skills, knowledge and experience. Knowledge of the context in Jordan. Knowledge of JIF structure and mandate. Experience interacting with INGOs, local NGOs, coordination forums or working groups.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be screened as received and position will close once a suitable candidate is identified.
Contract period: Till December 31 2019
Salary/benefits: 2227 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs