Field Support Services Coordinator
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organization was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programs in more than 55 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
For more information, please visit: www.hi.org
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 13.5 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6.5 million IDPs, while over 4 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighbouring countries or in Europe. The current humanitarian response only provides a patchy and partial coverage of the growing humanitarian needs. Five years after the beginning of the crisis, the number of injured persons in Syria keeps rising, with a severe lack of health and psychosocial support care and psychosocial support. In hard-to-reach areas and/or areas of new displacement, local populations and IDPs are in need of emergency assistance in terms of food, household essential items, and other basic needs. The inclusion of the most vulnerable, including persons with disabilities, in the humanitarian response remains a major concern.
HI is managing a large humanitarian program from three different hubs (Centre, North and North-East), along four main pillars:
1. Support to health partners for the provision of comprehensive psychosocial support services through training, technical supervisions and donations of assistive devices and/or equipment
2. Emergency response to the basic needs of vulnerable people affected by sudden crisis
3. Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons
4 . Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response
The actual intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams, remote partnerships with local structures and organizations, and direct implementation programs.
During the last year, the Hub has been moving to Amman, settling up a brand new team to coordinate bases operating in the field since 2013; during the last six months, the Hub passed through an emergency scale up for preparing to the impending emergency response in the field.
In this frame, the main objectives of the Support Services for the next 12 months are:
– Consolidating good practices for each department
– Preparing and responding to the needs of Programs and the teams
The North Support Services Coordinator will be responsible for the whole Support Services of the Hub: she/he will provide:
– Guidance and management and capacity building of the Support Services’ team
– Compliance with HI guidelines and tools, budget regulations, donors’ requirements and quality insurance
– Strong coordination with the Coordination office and Programme Team
Objectives of the position:
Under the responsibility of the Area Coordinator, in close collaboration with the Hub team, and in link with Coordination office team, she/he will be in charge of:
– Leading the overall support services strategy of the Hub
– Ensuring compliance with HI and donors’ standards
– Providing management and leadership to the Support services’ team, including their capacity building
– Replacing the Area Coordinator and the Support services’ managers when needed
Main responsabilities include:
- To lead the overall support services strategy of the Hub
- Compliance with HI and donors’standards
- Team management and coordination
- Representation & Coordination
A complete job description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
This is a mobile position. Employee should expect to spend at least 20% of their working time outside of Jordan.
• Master degree in business administration, finance or management
• Education certificate in NGO support management (4-5 years ago)
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field related to the position (Logistic, Admin, Finance, HR, and Compliance), of which minimum 2 as a Coordinator
• Experience on audit preparations and closures of bases
• Experience of managing complex teams
• Experience with partnership management
• Experience in staff capacity building
• Experience in both emergency response and development programs is an asset
• Previous working experience with HI is an asset
• Previous working experience with other INGOs prefered
• Experience in the Middle-East is an asset
• Experience in remote management is an asset
• Excellent English writing skills
• Strong computer skills
• Strong level of analysis and management
• Strategic vision
• Capacity to integrate in a complex organization setup with multiple layers of communication
• Arabic and Turkish language are an asset
• Capacity to travel to Turkey is an asset
• Strong level of autonomy and initiative
• Strong organizational and managerial skills
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Diplomat, able to work collaboratively in a team
• Sense of humour
• High level of motivation and proactivity
• Ability to deal with rapidly changing context and plans.
• Starting date: ASAP
• Length of the contract: 12 months (with potential renewal)
• Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
• Perdiem : 624,20€ net/month
• R&R : Level 1 (1 day per month)
• Paid holiday : 25 days per year
• Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
• Position open to couples / families
• Collective or individual according to personnal situation