ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) is looking for Protection Coordinator Oversee the protection component implementation in Jordan and Lebanon, ensuring the technical support to the protection team is present.
About ActionAid Arab Region
At ActionAid Arab Region we work with grass root organizations and civil society actors that have a strong focus on youth and women in local governance. ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) knows that to create lasting change, the root causes of poverty and injustice must be addressed and that affected communities must become the drivers of the change they want to see. Read more at https://arab-region.actionaid.org/
Job Title: Protection Coordinator **
Reports to : Humanitarian Programme Manager
Direct Reports: Protection officer, safe space officer, senior PSS officer
Monthly Gross Salary Range: 1555 JOD – 1833 JOD (Based on qualifications & competencies)
Closing date: 25\8\2020
· Ensure Programme operation in the targeted location is operationalized strategically as planned and agreed with the line manager. Regular communication with line manager is a must.
· Supervise the designing and decorating of the WGSS center while ensuring it’s compliance to the internal and international guidelines.
· Supervise the process of mobilizing women to participate in researches, FGD’s, training needs assessment, and internal studies run by AA.
· Ensure that all the activities implemented in the safe space ensure the safety and dignity for women.
· Assess the capacity needs of the protection staff to prepare and implement a capacity building plan to bridge the gap in knowledge and skills they have while ensuring the best utilization of budgets to do so.
· Conduct regular team meetings for the protection staff as required maintaining synergy and cooperation among different locations.
· Conduct relevant training on protection and SGBV as required.
· Develops and maintains effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders, representing AA in local and international protection coordination mechanisms.
· Build and assure the capacity of all partner organizations and staff on protection standards
· Incorporating strategies aimed at strengthening the protection system, both formal and informal, to achieve and sustain program results.
· Ensure that all the protection activities are community led using the participatory approaches.
· Take shared responsibility for the development of project operational work plans and to ensure alignment of project activities and budget spend.
· Lead the development of technical reports, and other knowledge products in the areas of protection. Communicate key lessons learned.
· Work closely and coordinates with AA logistics, finance and admin staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures, including active participation in program meetings
· Effectively represents AA at Protection coordination forums, like the Protection Working Group/Protection Cluster
· Maintain effective and safe referral pathways for protection concerns and other vulnerable cases. development and maintenance of SOPs for referrals.
· Lead on the participatory assessment, KABS analysis, and any other assessment as required.
· Ensure community consultation processes are held when required to smoothen the pathway for the program locally.
· Ensure proper programme inductions are provided at all levels (internal and external stakeholders) at program location level to achieve mutual understanding and compliance to programme requirements.
· Track the progress of the program and intervene when necessary to ensure speed and quality.
· Assure AA values, principles and HRBA is mainstreamed in the programme.
· Monitor budget utilization and ensure timely intervention when required.
· Coordinate Field Visits for visitors on Protection Work as and when required.
· Provide required information to communication and other units of AA ARI as mutually agreed in advance.
· Lead the development of ActionAid Arab Region advocacy and campaigning strategies and ensure their implementation at national and regional levels
· Conduct research and analysis of relevant policy issues and monitor political developments at the national and regional levels regarding ActionAid Arab Region.
· Draft and contribute to the development of positions, advocacy strategies, briefing papers, statements, opinion pieces and other outreach and policy products.
· Engage and Liaison with ActionAid Arab Region external stakeholders, partners and allies and/or representatives of social and political institutions relevant to main thematic areas.
· Design and implement influence and advocacy campaigns at national level, outreach and to achieve goals and objective of overall as well specific ActionAid Arab Region policy, or policy change.
· Conduct and take lead in risk assessment(s) either on overall campaigning and advocacy levels (including operational and civic space related risk assessment) or related to targeted and specific campaign and/or advocacy project.
· Conduct training, workshops, and capacity development sessions for rightsholders and partners.
· Participate and contribute data and information to monitoring and evaluation processes including setting up responsive campaign and advocacy baselines, targets, and indicators.
· Manage media relations building on national and regional levels, including building long-term and effective collaboration with journalists, reporters, editors, and social media activists.
· Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports alongside the program team and partners.
§ Relevant BA degree, preferably BA in social sciences
§ At least four to six years of experience working on the protection field, experience on GBV and VAWGS is preferred.
§ Previous experience working with refugees and affected communities
§ Previous experience in running local committees and local groups.
§ Able to build effective rapport with stakeholders.
§ Able to communicate effectively with communities.
§ Arabic and English skills are required.
Mutual respect, Equity and justice, Honesty and transparency, Solidarity with the poor, Courage of conviction, Independence, Humility
How to apply
With your CV, motivation cover letter should be sent to: [email protected] (only received CVs on this email will be considered) please clearly indicate which position you are applying for, you will not be considered without putting this title in the subject bar. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.