Operations Room Security Coordinator
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Operations Room Security Coordinator
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Then primary role is to collate information from the field for support to P2R2 of Operations and efficacy of CSRs. The role will work closely with Operation Department to support the movement and activities of staff, assets and implementation; be a focal point for Implementing Partner Security Focal Points (where the is no Field Security Officer); ensure up-to-date mapping of the DSZs and parties to the conflict are shown therein; Provide Matrix Supervision for Field Security Officers (FSO) and direct supervision of Security Focal Points (FSP). Additionally, to support the Response Security and Analysis Manager (RSAM) and subordinates within Security Department in ensuring that effective security measures for World Vision programmes in Syria are both appropriately planned for and addressed within the national context. Lead in the optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing security systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security, by ensuring that information is properly shared across departments through Operation Room Modality. Act in capacity of the RSAM in his/her absence.
1. Strategy and Planning
· Assist the Response Security and Analysis Manager in Implementing the Response Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy so as to ensure the operational priorities of the Area/Zonal Offices are appropriately supported.
· Ensure P2R2 (e.g. Security Risk Assessments, Context Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement, etc.) standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training.
· Provide matrix management of the Field Security Officers and directly supervise the Security Focal Points in Area/Zonal areas of responsibility in terms of Security.
· Act in the capacity of the RSAM in his/her absence.
2. Security Operations
· Work with the RSAM and Operation Manager, Programmes’ Manager and other managers as appropriate to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required.
· Work Closely with Operation teams during emergency response and/or crises situations.
· Ensure Zonal (DSZ) Context Risk Ratings are established and updated as required.
· Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Context Risk Ratings for each office within area of responsibility.
· Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents
· Conduct security investigations as requested by RSAM.
· Conduct site visits with Operations team to conduct new area Security Risk Assessment to assist in expanding operational reach/portfolio.
· Track the implementation of CSRs and follow up with Finance and Procurement Departments in order to ensure the procurement and payment of related materials and expenses according to WV procedures.
3. Networking and External Liaison/Engagement
· Represent WV at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
· Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination,
· Coordinate with Partner Organizations and Local Implementing Partners on Security related matters.
4. Capacity Building and Technical Training
· Coordinate the assessment, development and implementation of the response office capacity building plan for security management based on local security risk assessments.
· Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
· Provide technical support and capacity building to Field Security Officers and Security Focal Points.
· Assist OCS when (or exploring the option of) conducting Security Trainings in Amman or in the Region, as required.
5. Reporting and Documentation
· Provide regular security report to the RSAM.
· Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
· Conduct performance reviews of the field-based security focal persons – as instructed.
· Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately through Daily Security Reports and input into Weekly and Monthly Security Reports.
· Maintain all required security documents, to be reviewed and updated regularly and/or when needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
· Experience of 3 yrs in humanitarian security management and no less than 6 years’ experience in general.
· Police/Law Enforcement Training and experience is an advantage but not a requirement.
· Ability to transmit information correctly with accountability and maintain confidentiality
· World Vision SRMT or other Humanitarian Security Management trainings are an advantage REQUIRED: Confirmed employment of the Oeprations Room Security Coordinator is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment or approved OCS equivalent (probation period)
· At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, government and/or NGO sectors). Choose appropriate:
· Strategic / Managerial
· Experience in operating in high security risk environment/ armed conflict situations.
· In depth contextual knowledge of the Syrian conflict and Syria’s socio-political dynamics. Valid Passport and Driver License
· First Aid qualified, preferred.
· Ability to communicate well in Arabic (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation.
· Ability to communicate well in English (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation.
· Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Demonstrated experience in delivering security training.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
· Practical knowledge of tools, mechanisms and procedures for personal and organizational security.
· Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings
· Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
· Team management skills
· Sociable and presentable
· Work under pressure
· Presentation Skills.
· Strong inter-personal skills.
· Advanced writing skills. Minimum (3) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus the 3 years’ field security or relevant experience.
· Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management. This position requires regular travel, and International travel may also be required.