مطلوب منسق (ة) ادارة معلومات للعمل في منظمة دولية
Position: Information Management Coordinator
Location: Amman, Jordan
Reports to: WoS DCD PQ, technical reporting line to the WoS MEAL Specialist
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four members of the RI Alliance in the USA, UK, France, and Belgium. Under our alliance agreement, we operate under a single, shared management structure with one CEO and one Board of Directors.
Under the direct supervision of Protection Program Director and the technical support of the WoS MEAL Specialist, RI is looking for a committed individual for our program in Syria who has the experience and competencies to work as an Information Management Officer (IMO), particularly focusing on protection monitoring. The IMO will bring significant experience and fresh ideas to strengthen the response’s Information & Data Management system.
Within the scope of RI Protection projects, the IMO will be responsible for the supervision of the protection data collection, entry, and management activities, including formatting, creating and properly storing hard (where applicable) and soft-copies, data forms and data bases. The IMO will also be responsible for the analysis of the collected protection data and the drafting of relevant reports, under the supervision of the Protection Director and the technical guidance provided by the WoS MEAL Specialist. Moreover, this position will secure regular exchanges with the Protection Monitoring Task Forces and guarantee the incorporation of tools and procedures as well as data submitted is compliance with the established standards. S/he must ensure that data is produced and used without compromising the safety and security of Relief International’s beneficiaries, partners or staff.
Finally, the Information management coordinator will also support the data analysis needed for both the protection and health programme, playing a key role to ensure provision of accurate information for internal and external reports, as well as advocacy efforts.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe data collection, entry, management of Protection data in line with the protection monitoring process, and its sensitive data management standards
- Create and maintain data bases and information management systems for the Protection activities
- Design and roll-out high practical standards of data protection in line with RI’s Protocol for the Protection of Program Data (PPPD) in consultation with protection technical team.
- Ensure high standard of data protection and confidentiality of beneficiaries and of the staff involved in data collection.
- Create and maintain adequate information collection systems using digital data collection platform like KoBo toolbox etc. in cooperation with the Protection and MEAL teams in fields.
- Provide virtual on job support to field teams on the use and filling of forms and use of other data collection tools.
- Provide training to RI Protection staff in how to access and use the databases and information management tools as required.
- Receive, document, and process daily and/or weekly updates from protection teams in coverage and ensure regular data cleaning is conducted.
- Analyze the collected data and identify critical protection trends in areas of operation
- Contribute to relevant protection reports and support in evidence-based advocacy notes (Protection Monitoring reports, targeted advocacy notes etc.)
- Coordinate timely and accurate filling of protection working group and sub-working groups 4W/3W matrixes for various protection activities and submit it line supervisor.
- Support in tools designing, data collection, cleaning and analysis for any ad-hoc assessment conducted by Protection teams in various locations.
- Strengthening reporting systems and data flow.
- Strengthening evidence based learning and contextual and sectorial analysis reports
- Ensure that key programmatic information is available and in an effective format to be disseminated to all key stakeholders
- Focus on innovative and creative methods of presenting data and information tailored to different teams/levels of management.
- Support regular reporting processes (monthly, semi-annual, among others)
- Ensure strict collaboration between MEAL and protection teams and maintain regular communication with both department
- Comply with all relevant Relief International policies and procedures with respect to child protection policy, PSEA, Code of Conduct and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
- Collaborate with the WoS MEAL Specialist on data analysis efforts covering the health programme
- Liaise with the WoS Advocacy and Communication Manager to provide accurate data and analysis useful to identify key advocacy topics and inform advocacy efforts
- Any other relevant tasks requested by the line manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Significant experience of working with information and data management systems in complex contexts
- Education to Degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Experience of working with Protection data management (especially in GBV programming and protection monitoring) and requirements
- Demonstrable experience of competently and effectively synthesizing and managing large quantities of data.
- Willingness and eagerness to collaborate with programs teams
- Excellent reporting skills using external tools and database connections
- SQL Server database design & management experience.
- Advanced level of using Microsoft office Excel, Power BI and other data and analysis software.
- Excellent proven communication skills, including working with multiple stakeholder groups and training program teams.
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity; high level of independence and initiative is required
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English and Arabic
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Relief International. In particular, a good understanding of the Relief International mandate, and passionate professional.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the job opportunity, please send your CV in English to [email protected] before August 31, 2022, stating in the subject “Information Management Coordinator” Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications