Supply Chain Management Coordinator
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Supply Chain Management Coordinator-FAST
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to handle the procurement and Logistics needs for FAST programme. The staff member will be responsible for coordinating procurement plan and organizing regular working group meeting with the consortium focal points, foster constructive dialogue and technical exchanges among WV, consortium partners, and field counterparts, liaise with IOM and partners’ focal points for IOM for the FAST program procurement part and ensure quality assurance in the procurement and Logistics related issues.
Ensure Supply Chain Policies and Procedures are in Place
• Ensure Supply Chain Management Policies and standard processes are understood and complied by all parties in accordance with internal and donor requirements,
• Conduct training when required on proposed systems and processes for consortium management
• Ensure the execution of Procurement Plan in the various stages of project implementation together with the consortium partners, to achieve project objectives
• Ensure proper Supply Chain documentation with the consortium partners;
• Ensure Compliance to conditions in the Grant Agreement including specific quality assurance standards
• Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of reports to include but not limited to:
o SCM Risk Register
o Contingency Plan
o OIG Supply Chain Management
o input into WVI Grant Health Tracker tool
• Establish appropriate controls for proper tracking of goods from transport and handling to final destination;
• Support in the establishment of prequalified supplier list and the integration of knowledge within the FAST consortium
• Ensure the proper vetting of all supplier, contractors and consultants to include compliance to Block Party Screening Process
Handle Procurement Risk Management and Controls
• Manage appropriate supply chain systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant supply chain audit risk ratings .
• Implement anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
• Lead in the identification and resolution of challenges which impact audit compliance and/or contribute to risk;
Provide Internal Coordination
• Manage day to day interactions and relationship within the FAST consortium and departments to facilitate improvements in knowledge sharing, communication and process.
• Oversee and monitor the work of consortium and local implementing partners, ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
• Ensure regular and open/transparent communication between consortium partners
• Support the development and maintenance of a coherent consortium strategy across all partners
• Promote harmonization of approaches and methodologies in Supply Chain across all consortium partners by developing and monitoring use of common tools, as well as creating opportunities for experience sharing and learning;
Follow up on Procurement Performance Measurement execution, analysis and reporting
· Report, Track and analyze Supply Chain Management performance to FAST CoP in accordance to the Procurement plans
· Organize and Conduct joint periodic field visits to validate progress reports, identify problems and issues to share with FAST CoP and address during Consortium Management Team meetings and make recommendations for improvement
· Conduct regular follow-up of work plans, identify and address any delays in a timely and effective manner.
Ensure Networking and Representation
· Protect and promote the vision, mission and interests of consortium partners towards external stakeholders;
· Represent the consortium as Supply Chain focal person and participate in Procurement & Logistics Cluster meetings.
· Effectively manage Supply Chain coordination with other actors (UN, NGOs) intervening in a similar sector;
· Own the SCM relationship with IOM. This includes the procurement for rapid response, any policy, SOP and advocacy/liaison with IOM for SCM purposes
Perform other duties as required
· Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
· Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
· Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Economics, Finance, Public Policy or other related fields.
· University degree combined with a minimum of 2 years of Field experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree
Knowledge or experience with Traditional Donor/Public Procurement rules and regulations/requirements
· Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
· High integrity in social interactions
· Good verbal and written (reporting) communication skills, with thorough knowledge of Arabic and English and pro-active negotiation skills
· Experience in managing and supervising staff.
· Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills
· At least 2 years of relevant regional professional experience in public procurement, contract management, supply chain management or other related area with a supervisory role.
· At least 1 year of Middle East and Eastern Europe experience
· Experience in working with large and complex grant procurement and/or procurement in crisis/post countries
· Experience of working in multicultural environment
· Must have clear understanding of working of major donors,
· well-developed interpersonal skills, as well as negotiation skills
· Ability to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
· High moral and ethical standards
· Must adhere to set security standards
· Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
· Cross – cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional maturity
· Ability to exhibit exemplary life style as interpreted in specific local cultural context
· Perform other duties as required
· Ability to work under pressure to ensure demanding timescales are met