مطلوب منسق برنامج للعمل لدى الأمم المتحدة في الإمارات
The incumbent will work based on the location of the Director. While the post would normally be based in New York, the post will be based mostly or entirely in Dubai until at least 31 March 2022, and in New York if extended beyond.
15 November 2021 – 31 March 2022 (with a possibility of extension)
Organizational Setting and Reporting:
The position will report directly to the Programme Manager for Special Projects in the Director’s Office of the Outreach Division in the Department of Global Communications. The Programme Coordinator will support the Programme Manager for Special Projects, including to coordinate the UN engagement for the International Days and thematic weeks at Expo in Dubai and to plan, organize and implement engagement for a major project throughout the UN system for June 2022. The Programme Coordinator will support the strategic engagement, programming and projects in alignment with the priorities of the organization and will be accountable for the
successful coordination of special projects and partnerships in alignment with the vision of the Director of the Outreach Division.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the Director in daily tasks, including scheduling of meetings, interaction with partners, and other tasks as assigned.
• Support the work of the Special Programme manager by coordinating and executing research, liaising with UN entities and external partners, planning meetings, writing meeting notes for special projects and programming related the UN presence at Expo and the major project in June 2022;
• Develop and maintain a database system for project coordination and management for the UN presence at Expo and for the major engagement throughout the UN system in June 2022;
• Liaise with the Focal Points for Expo across the UN entities to coordinate programming for the International Days and Expo Theme Weeks; including taking meetings with UN entities to suggest opportunities for engaging at Expo;
• Manage partnership coordination and liaise with external partners, including private-sector companies and foundations, on plans for joint activities at Expo;
• Provide guidance for UN entities and Member States on Expo guidance and policies for the 18 International Days and 10 thematic theme weeks to promote international cooperation and multilateralism at Expo, including outreach to secure potential speakers and connecting Expo counterparts with relevant agencies, funds and programmes;
Act as a point of contact for connecting Expo-related events and partners to relevant UN experts/content; including participating in meetings with Expo and reporting back to DGC´s management on the development of Expo;
Perform project coordination for the development of exhibitions for the UN’s presence at Expo;
• Contribute to developing and implementing strategy, concept, planning and execution of special projects and programming for the UN presence at Expo, in collaboration with relevant partners; including Member States, Private Sector Partners, civil society, academia, and UN entities;
• Conduct research to identify relevant partners;
• Coordinate the project management and support the budget accountability and resource management.
• Draft sensitive, high-level correspondence; produce action points and meeting notes as requested by the Special Projects Manager;
• Contribute to the development of key messaging and communications for special projects and programming to ensure alignment with the UN’s Global Communications Strategy and organizational priorities;
• Contribute to monitoring and evaluation efforts at the conclusion of special projects and programming to measure impact and develop a set of best practices for UN engagement at Expo.
• Support the recruitment, onboarding and supervision of interns.
• Manage and maintain updates to the UN @ Expo website, including translation, manage development and oversite of Trelloboards and assets for social media.
• Liaise with the front office of the Director to maintain the engagements for the Director’s calendar at Expo 2020 and support the social media engagement of the Director.
• Perform other duties as required.
Education: An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, social sciences, journalism, international relations or other relevant area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience: A minimum of 1-2 years of progressively responsible experience in a relevant field is required. Experience in coordinating programme and events for an international organization is required. Experience working with the media, influencers, celebrities and/or the creative community is required. Experience in producing high-quality communication materials is required. Proven interpersonal skills in complex, political and structured working environments is required. Proven interpersonal skills in complex, political and structured working environments is required. Experience in working under the rules and regulations of the organization and the working culture and methods of the United Nations Secretariat is highly desirable.
Language: Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to apply
Please kindly comply with the following:
• In one single document, either Word or PDF, please include a cover letter on the first page, and your CV or PHP from the second page.
• The cover letter should explain why you are interested in and suitable for this position. It should not exceed 800 words, and should preferably be in bullet-point format.
• Please name your document “YOUR SURNAME – expression of interest SSA Programme coordinator”, to be sent as e-mail attachment.
• As the subject of the e-mail, please also write “YOUR SURNAME – expression of interest SSA Programme coordinator”.
• There is no need to write anything substantive in the e-mail body, as that will not be considered.
The deadline is 24 October 2021. However as expressions of interest will be considered as they come in, please send yours as soon as possible.
Many thanks !