English Teacher for Adult Refugees
Background: The Collateral Repair Project (CRP) in Amman, Jordan has been providing assistance to refugee victims of violent conflict since 2006. Our programs seek to restore dignity among these displaced populations as well as ensure their basic needs are met. We do so through running an Emergency Assistance Program and a Family Resource and Community Center, which hosts a varied program of activities and learning opportunities to allow refugees to re-build the community ties they have lost. CRP’s great strengths are the wealth of knowledge we have about the refugee community in Amman and the strong relationships we have developed with the individuals we serve.
Volunteer will be responsible for:
- Teaching (at least) 1 English course which is 3 months minimum
- Leading a course which occurs for one hour twice weekly.
- Planning materials for courses.
- Finding a substitute if cannot be present, and creating plans for the substitute. Note: Training will be provided for all volunteers.
- Starting around early June for our Hashemi center or July for our downtown center
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, please fill out our online application form. The form can be found at the web page listed above.