مطلوب مستشار (ة) شؤون انسانية للعمل في منظمة دولية
Middle East Support Office (MESO)
Mission & Context
The Middle East Support Office is the regional office of OCG in Amman, Jordan. Its purpose is to support MSF programs in the face of the growing complexity of intervention contexts and new challenges in the Middle East.
The office is currently supporting Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan and Iran.
In close collaboration with the Head of MESO, the HQ Advocacy Unit and Programs Responsibles (RPs), the MESO Humanitarian Affairs Advisor advises and supports missions and desks in the region on advocacy and analysis.
The HAA is responsible for supporting missions and operational cells in analysis, development and implementation of advocacy strategies in mission, and in the definition of OCG positioning on key issues. The HAA also is responsible for support on operational analysis aimed at providing additional depth to missions and cells in the understanding of the environment where we work and support their capacity to engage effectively with local and international stakeholders.
- Supporting and conducting analysis on the humanitarian and health environments in which it operates, including providing strategic inputs to operations
- Lead cells and missions in the development and implementation of advocacy strategies guided by a critical understanding of the contexts in which MSF OCG operates
- Lead the support to field advocacy staff under MESO portfolio as acting as a technical referent to them
- Supporting cells and missions in the definition of key positioning issues
- Participating actively at ensuring that advocacy and positioning efforts remain a collective responsibility, implicating a diverse range of functions (operational, medical, communication, negotiation), under the overall responsibility of the operational line
- Positioning discussion should happen in triangular mode between RP, SCA and AA, and with other inputs (negotiation, UREPH, Dirop, GD…) when relevant
- Strengthening MSF thinking and reflections around key humanitarian and medical challenges facing MSF
- Participating in moving forward the advocacy agenda within MSF OCG as a member of the Advocacy Unit
- Contribute to the development of the advocacy filière in OCG through supporting learning events, increasing HR capacity, etc.
- Maintain and strengthen MESO network in the region, particularly in terms of analysts, researchers that can indirectly contribute to MSF analysis and understanding of political, security and humanitarian dynamics in the region.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and provide networking support to missions and cell on demand
- Provide technical support to the rest of the MESO team for analysis assignments
- Based on the skill/experience of the job holder there may be the need to deploy to the field for operational support work or gap filling based on the skill and missions’ specific needs
- Contribute to the rest of MESO work and propose new theme of work or type of support identified as relevant for MESO development within OCG and intersectionally
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international relations, political sciences, global/public health, international law, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience with international organizations in the humanitarian sector in fields related to MSF work (e.g. humanitarian action, health sector, protection, etc)
- Extensive experience in the region essential
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues and trends in the humanitarian and medical sectors
- At least 2 years field experience in humanitarian affairs or advocacy roles in the humanitarian field, preferably with MSF
- Experience in conducting research / methodologies of data collection and analysis
- Experience in coordination / advisory / coaching / mentoring roles is a plus
- Experience in operational roles in humanitarian organization a strong asset
- English Advanced level is mandatory
- Arabic is a strong asset
- Excellent ability to work in a multicultural environment successfully and to demonstrate commitment and support for diversity, gender-responsive, inclusive, and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organization skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to work independently
Skills / Technical competencies
- Strong analytical capacity and ability to translate complex analysis into concise, clear, and actionable conclusions and recommendations
- High Advocacy expertise
- Capacity to facilitate collective discussions and drive learning events
- Strategic thinking capacity
- Writing skills
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Terms of Employment
- Full-time position 100%
- 2-year Jordanian contract, renewable
- Working place: Amman with regular and frequent field visits within the MESO supported countries (Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan and Iran),
- Ideal start date: October 1st, 2022
- Gross monthly salary: 3300 JOD (L13 IRFFG)
- Relocation package for staff recruited from abroad (communicated to the selected candidate)
How to apply
Candidates submit their application following the requirements: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in English.
Deadline for application is July 31st, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.