Human Resources Assistant
HR Assistant will help to maintain the office and keep it running smoothly. HR Assistant will provide administrative support to HR / Admin department, HR assistants are involved with nearly all programs and services that relate to a company’s human resources division, involves documenting grievances, terminations, absences, performance reports, and compensation and benefits information. HR assistants are also often involved in recruiting, hiring, and induction of new employees.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Assists and provides day-to-day advice to teams on the implementation of HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance and consistency.
· Assists and provide employees with medical insurance information, and details when required.
· Assisting in organizing the recruitment processes including, posting job openings placing posts, dealing with responses and correspondences; screening resumes; scheduling interviews, and arranging for the interview in the premises.
· Promptly takes up reference checks, initiates pre-employment medical processes, obtains results and advises the respective managers.
· To monitor contracts and contracts renewal, and keeps management informed of important dates in staff contracts e.g. end of contract dates, probation & review dates, etc).
· Assists in the management of staff attendance, leaves and vacations, and any other attendance related issues.
· Ensures that all documentation kept in personal files (paper and electronically) is maintained and archived in a consistent manner.
· Assists and ensures that separation processes are done for staff leaving the organization (exit documents, exit interviews, etc); and that all assets and/or documents are retrieved, and personal files closed.
· Co-ordinates and assists in monitoring completion of performance reviews, performance objectives and personal development plans, and ensures that the necessary data relating to these processes is available and submitted .
· Undertaking any other task at the direction of the direct manager
· Provide support and assistance to the direct manager, and perform other duties as assigned.
· Provide administrative support to the organization offices as necessary.
· Manages the office administration, Phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when required in the absence of Admin assistant.
· Organizing and maintaining daily agenda and making appointments, in the absence of Admin assistant.
· Prepare for and attend board meetings, director’s meetings, and other meetings as needed to take notes and furnish information.
· Ensure that official documents and records are established and maintained in appropriate files.
· Managing and planning tasks specifically appointed by the direct manager.
· Assist with other activities as requested by HR & Admin Manager and Deputy CEO and CEO
· Bachelor degree in HR or Business Administration or any related field.
· 1 – 3 years of Experience in HR work related, specifically in the sector of NGOs.
· Good level of Experience in recruitment and working knowledge of employment legislation and recruitment practices
· Strong computer skills including ability to work with Microsoft office applications.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing coupled with the professional credibility required to influence and motivate others to achieve results.
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply to: Jobs@ardd-jo.org. Please mention the name of the position Human Resources Assistant on the subject of the email.
Applications close 30 August 2018.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and ARDD reserves the right to recruit before the deadline .