Position title: HR Assistant
Working location: National office (SOS Children’s Villages Jordan)
Direct Supervisor : HR Director.
Region: Jordan – Amman
Monthly salary : 500 JOD
Mission of the position:
The Human Resources Assistant supports the National Director and the Human Recourses Manager in administrating and organising the personnel administration according to the Human Resources Manual and the national legislation. The Human Resources Administrative Function is responsible for keeping all personnel documents updated and is organising the personnel administration of the Member Association. The HR assistant will support directly ERP team in all areas.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- The Human Resources Assistant supports the Human Resources Manager in all organisational and administrative matters within the field of personnel administration.
- The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for personnel documentation according to the national labour law and the Human Resources Manual.
- The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for maintaining and updating the personnel database, filing of job descriptions and other ongoing Human Resources processes in the Member Association like documenting in form of lists of conducted on boarding programmes, Performance Appraisal Talks etc. Responsible within own area of work to prevent and protect children of all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination based on SOS Child Protection Policy principles.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures.
Recruitment/New Hire Process:
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
Payroll and Benefits Administration:
- Processing payroll, which includes ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
- Answering payroll questions
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Performing payroll and benefits audits and recommending any correction action
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews.
Training duties :
- Map out annual training plans for SOS Staff based on PAT analyses.
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced and/or in-house) in collaboration with head of department or caregiver trainer.
- Market available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions. Research and recommend new training subjects and follow up partnerships with external providers
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Support trainer by Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs. (Pre and post-test).
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
- At least a Bachalor degree in BA . Preferable human resources management.
- At least 1 – 2 years of continuous work experience as HR officer.
- Experience in training department and ERP projects
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Proven communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent Arabic speaking and writing skills.
- Identification with the values of the organisation/ association and willingness to contribute to its aims.
- Hardworking, dedicated and able to work under pressure. Ability to work on conception basis
- Ability for team work
- Ability to identify needs for counselling work
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of English language
- PC literate
As care and protection, organization we aspire for all children has to be safe and able to lead a life they value. We deliver policies, programs and services that support and enhance the wellbeing of all children’s under our care, taking a zero tolerance approach to any concern or abuse. All staff are required to comply with the Child Safeguarding Standards, all staff have the obligation to report any concern, suspicion or abuse related to child safety .
كمنظمة رعاية وحماية ، نطمح أن يكون جميع الأطفال آمنين وقادرين على عيش حياة يقدرونها. نقدم سياسات وبرامج وخدمات تدعم وتعزز رفاهية جميع الأطفال الذين تحت رعايتنا ، مع الأخذ بنهج عدم التسامح مطلقًا مع أي شكوك أو سوء معاملة. يتعين على جميع الموظفين الامتثال لمعايير حماية الطفل ، وجميع الموظفين ملزمون بالإبلاغ عن أي شك أو سوء معاملة تتعلق بسلامة الطفل .
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please email your application (cover letter, CV) to [email protected], the position title must be mentioned in the subject line ( Human Resources Assistant). Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and SOS Jordan reserves the right to recruit before the deadline