PROJECT FIELD COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
PROJECT FIELD COORDINATOR ASSISTANT – ERP2
Contract Duration: 8 months.
Working location: Emergency Response Project SOS Jordan
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
The project field coordinator field assistant position is to assist the Emergency project coordinator at the National office of SOS children’s villages Jordan. This position is to ensure the good quality of the Psycho-social activities conducted with the partners CBOs.
- Provide support and inputs to the ERP project on Human Resources, Financial, Logistics, and Administrative matters.
- Ensure that SOS Jordan Human Resource and Financial procedures and policies are used and implemented accordingly.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the management of the operations, implementation, and reporting.
- Provide day-to-day reports on the project implementation to the ERP coordinator.
- Safe guard the well-being of the beneficiaries at all times
- Act in the best interest of the child, project, beneficiaries, staff, and SOS Jordan.
- Abide by the Child Protection Policy and SOS Code of Conduct.
- Work in the field and pay daily visits to the partner CBOs with regular visit to the National office of SOS Jordan.
- Provide logistic support to the team in the field and to the project Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Management of HR and administrative activities:
- Provide general HR support and advice for the project on recruitment, contractual obligations, trainings and professional development according to Internal Regulations of SOS Jordan.
- Ensure HR reference documents and other relevant information are properly and transparently communicated and implemented for all staff, such as internal regulations, memos issued, policies on staff medical care, transports, overtime and replacement, etc.
- Maintain close cooperation with Coordination team and Project Coordinator to ensure harmonised procedures and correct interpretation of internal regulations of SOS Jordan.
- Diffuse basic knowledge on all matters stated above by holding regular meetings with staff and update if there are changes or revisions. Assist other supervisors in their meetings with national staff as needed.
- Be focal point of recruitment/ termination process, disciplinary measures, etc.
- Be focal point for standards with regards to job profiles and job expectations
- Assist PC in drafting and updating job descriptions
- Monitor and facilitate the process for regular evaluations of employees.
- Brief new staff on procedures in the fields of HR, administration, logistics, and finance
- Be the focal point to facilitate trainings for staff
- Manage the team and volunteers working in the field.
- Supervisor the community mobilizers, psychologists, and case managers.
- In Coordination with the project coordinator, ensure that all logistic matters are being met in the project and with the partner CBOs.
- Ensure that all the daily activities material are purchased. Document all activities, including vendors and volunteers, in daily log.
Management of financial activities:
- Ensure that financial procedures are implemented according to SOS Jordan and SOS international policies with special regard to security aspects.
- Prepare monthly cash planning (money request) for the project to send to the Financial department
- Regulate and supervise the payments to suppliers and personnel in accordance with the administrative guidelines.
- Ensure that all items purchased for the project has a relevant and proper receipts.
- Ensure that all running costs of the project are being paid and recorded.
- Responsible for effective cash follow-up and proper month-end financial close.
- Perform regular control of the expenses related to the budget together with the PC **
- · Attends meetings and takes meeting minutes
- · Controls the use of office telephones and fax machines by implementing appropriate registers &/or control measures. Ensures all private calls are charged to the individual concerned
- · Assists with the establishment of proper store-keeping records and procedures. Conducts regular checks of all stores (e.g. drug stores, stationary stores, etc.) to ensure stock-cards are accurate and all proper
- · Handles all SOS property appropriately, including the financial resources of the organisation
- · Performs any other reasonable duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Key qualifications and performance areas required:
- · BA Degree in Business Administration, Social service/or equivalent qualification.
- Experience working in an NGO context is required, at least two years’ experience.
- · Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Experience in administering recruitments, separation and payroll.
- Willingness to potentially between east of Amman
- · Excellent use of Computer; Microsoft Office, especially in MS Excel and Internet Browsing
- · Ability to work within a team
- · Ability to work in the field.
- · Ability to work under pressure
- · (I)NGO experience is an asset
- · Delivering at pace, collaborating, making effective decisions
- · Managing quality service, demonstrating resilience
- · Accountability
- · Effective listening and clear communication, adapting delivery to the audience
- · Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- · Team work & Collaboration
- · Emotionally mature
- · Dependable and hard working
- · Encourage and motivator of people
- · Trustworthy, demonstrating the highest level of character
- · Exceptional listening skills
- · Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
If you are interested in this position, please email your application (cover letter, CV) to HR.SOS@sos-jordan.org, the position title must be mentioned in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 22/12/2018
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and SOS Jordan reserves the right to recruit before the deadline