Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Data Processing Assistant
Duty Station : Amman, Jordan
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Vacancy Number : JOR/005/2021
Closing Date : February 24, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the
leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane
and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to
governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Support Officer, MHD MENA Regional and with
the overall guidance from the Regional Health Assessment Programme (HAP) Coordinator,
the incumbent will be responsible for management of data collection, transmission, analysis
and storage to support Migration Health Unit activities. Specific duties and responsibilities
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Help to Maintain IT network and equipment in IOM Amman MHD.
- Registration of bio-data for all pre-screening medical forms
- Provides technical support to the medical staff including troubleshooting, software
and hardware installation with the giudance of the senior IT..
- Conducts IT related orientation to other staff/users.
- Help to design under the supervision of the senior IT queries from the Medical
information system and produces reports, both regular and ad-hoc.
- Establishes and implements internal document controls, in particular handling,
security, confidentiality of medical information in process.
- Receives medical forms from the OBE , keeps and copy and record of the same,
and transmits the completed forms to DaProFo-Amman.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 2 / 3
- Prepares Medical Forms, Daily Schedules for Counseling, Laboratory and Radiology, Appointment Letters, Laboratory Codes; Chest x-ray labels and any other necessary list as per request of the Project Management.
- Ensures accurate and timely transmission of data and information to IOM Operations and partners as required by the Project Management
- Support the Program Support Officer on duties and tasks assigned to the Data Processing, Analysis and IT Applications Sub-Unit
- Files incoming/outgoing letters, memoranda, E-mails, telefaxes, as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical operational matters.
- Follow ethics and confidentiality rules to safeguard the interests of the applicants and IOM.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree or equitant in information management, business administration or other relevant field supplemented by related courses will be advantage, with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Diploma/Secondary school education supplemented by courses in related fields, with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Advantage, Knowledge in SQL development, database integration with web-based application, power BI Experience and understanding of the public health industry.
• Demonstrated skills in systems analysis techniques, testing and documentation.
• Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Page 3 / 3
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
- nterested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website, by 24 February 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN # 143849.
- Interested Internal candidates need to submit their application plus a cover letter to [email protected] by 24 February 2021, their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications.
For further information, please refer to:
https://www.akhtaboot.com & http://www.iom.int/
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed in Akhtaboot website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 11 February 2021 – 24 February 2021