Finance and Administration Assistant – National Position
Position Title: Finance and Administration Assistant – National Position
Level: Junior Position
Location: Amman, Jordan
Contract period: 12 months
Hours: Full time
Vacancy date of issue: December 5th, 2019
Vacancy closing date: December 10th, 2019
Staring Date: January 2020
Reporting to: Head of Mission and Head of Office
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte per… started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. UPP mission aims at supporting the prevention of new conflicts, protecting human rights and strengthening civil society’s engagement, especially in the Middle East, through awareness raising and advocacy campaigns, cultural exchanges, humanitarian and peacebuilding projects.
In Jordan UPP has been present since 2004, working in partnership with civil society organizations in projects concerning the reform of family law, health care, psychosocial and legal assistance for refugees, protection and assistance of persons with disabilities and the creation of livelihoods opportunities for Jordanians and refugees. Since 2011 UPP supports the country in responding to the growing flow of refugees fleeing the Syrian conflict and is an active member of emergency working groups in the fields of Livelihoods, Education, Protection (Child Protection and SGBV), Health, MHPSS. UPP is also an active member and focal point at the Disability Task Force (DTF), and implemented several projects in the governorates of Amman, Irbid, Karak, Ma’an and Zarqa in benefit of over 75,000 among the most vulnerable individuals in refugee and local communities.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for performing financial and administrative tasks related to UPP Jordan mission, including but not limited to financial administration, accountancy, logistics, liaison with governmental and local authorities, and office management support.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Registration of projects expenses according to UPP administrative regulations;
- Managing of cash and cheques, ensuring proper financial and administrative reporting;
- Procuring and provision of projects supplies, equipment and stationary;
- Monitoring office running costs, paying utilities and consumables;
- Monitoring and projects financial performances against expected results;
- Monitoring and planning office expenditures in relation to the financed projects;
- Ensuring compliance with UPP and donors financial and administrative regulations;
- Ensuring follow-up with governmental departments and Ministries in relation to UPP grants applications and registration requirements;
- Supporting in all phases of financial and administrative reporting;
- supporting of HR procedures and contracts;
- Performing any other task assigned by the Head of Mission and Head of Office.
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Administration, Accounting, Business or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years professional experience in Finance and Administration or equivalent
- Good organizational, diplomatic and reporting skills
- Excellent writing and communication skill in English and Arabic
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure, problem solving attitude
- Flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity, team player
Please submit a CV with a cover letter to [email protected] mentioning in the email subject: “Finance and Admin Assistant – NAME” before Tuesday COB, December 10*th *, 2019. emails not stating the position and applicant name will not be considered. Please add in your email at least three references with their contact details. Only CVs and cover letters sent in English will be considered.