Temporary Finance Assistant (3-4 months)
To provide administration and finance support, ensure that ARDD policies and procedures are adhered to and timely and cost effective services are delivered
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Prepare cheque and cash payments and ensure that all payments have adequate supporting documentation and authorisation.
· Perform Banking: Bank reconciliations of ARDD accounts.
· Despatch cheques to the payees and maintain a log
· Handle queries from service providers relating to payments and ensure supplier accounts are reconciled;
· Maintain the finance files and ensure that documents are filed correctly and in a timely manner.
· Ensure a complete and accurate record of all petty cash transactions is maintained at all times; that expenditure of petty cash is accurate and adequately supported and approved; and that requests for replenishment are made in a timely manner as required.
· Ensure that the Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled monthly.
· Verify the accuracy of the fixed asset register prepared by logistics on a monthly basis.
· Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Direct Manager Head of Department.
· Bachelor degree in Economy or degree in Accounting or Finance.
· From 1 – 2 years’ experience in Finance and accounting.
· Ability to maintain financial requirements within the development sector.
· Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, excel and oracle.
· Manages resources and deadlines with minimum supervision.
· High level of initiative
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Influences ways of working
· Shows evidence of high level of planning skills
· Responsible, flexible and adaptable
· Good team player and builder
· Excellent knowledge of accounting.
· Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
· Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment and numerous, conflicting job requirements.
· Be computer literate.
· Ability to speak read writes and work in English and Arabic.
· Proven experience working in a similar role in a small finance team.
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply to: Jobs@ardd-jo.org. Please mention the name of the position Temporary Finance Assistant on the subject of the email.
Applications close 30 August 2018.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and ARDD reserves the right to recruit before the deadline .