POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
Position: Logistics Assistant
Based in: Amman with travel on a regular basis to PUI intervention areas.
Under the direct supervision of: Logistics Officer
Direct management of: Drivers
Indirect management of : N/A
Works in cooperation with: Admin & Log Coordinator / Admin Team/Program Teams
ABOUT PREMIERE URGENCE INTERNATIONALE(PUI)
Premiere Urgence Internationale(PUI) is a non-governmental international aid organization operating in more than 20 countries and relying on more than 30 years of experience in responding to the fundamental needs of crisis affected populations. Present in the Middle East since 1996, PUI conducts multi-sectoral humanitarian and resilience programming in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine and Yemen. PUI provides relief assistance (health and nutrition, water and sanitation, rehabilitation, food security and non-food item distribution, protection) and supports early recovery. PUI’sactions are guided by principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, accountability, adaptability, transparency, cooperation and partnership, involvement, dialogue, initiative, and trust.
In Jordan, PUI has been responding since 2013 to the needs of most vulnerable populations affected by the Syria crisis in host communities. Through a community-based approach, the objectives of PUI in Jordan are the following:
Provide emergency/life-saving cash assistance to most vulnerable population to meet their basic needs
Improve access to services for most vulnerable populations in host communities
Support initiatives at community level to ensure social cohesion and economic empowerment opportunities for most vulnerable populations
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting PUI’s operations in Jordan by assisting in implementing efficient and high standard Logistics procedures and services.
Responsibilities and tasks
1. Office Support
· To ensure efficient maintenance of the premises, provision of internet, Printers, IT equipment, electricity and water etc.
· To monitor the consumption records of all stationaries and consumables such as printer cartridges, paper, pens, folders, coffee, drinking water, cleaning products etc and support the procurement to ensure available stock in the store.
· To support in keeping the inventory of all equipment regularly updated and monitored.
· To assist in preparing all necessary documentation for handling procurement of goods and services as assigned by the Logistics Officer and in accordance with PUI rules and regulations, such as Bill of Quantities, Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Tenders, Contracts, Delivery Notes, Handover Certificates and Receipts of Payment.
· To liaise with PUI suppliers and service providers to request quotes, follow-up on offers and to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services.
· To implement and keep an updated supplier database and a price catalogue
· To regularly monitor quality and cost of services provided by suppliers, in particular long-term suppliers
· To maintain the records on logistics procedures, related documents and files to ensure transparency and accountability.
· To update regularly a Procurement Follow-up Tool from initial request to delivery of goods.
· To close any cash advance with the finance team as per regulations.
3. Fleet Management
· To ensure efficient use of PUI vehicles, through careful movement planning and follow-up
· To ensure smooth flow of movements between logistics and program.
· To be responsible for the fleet management board, to be updated with the weekly movement schedules
· To ensure that vehicles are safe, regularly maintained and road-worthy, cleaned and fueled.
· To ensure that every vehicle as a spare tire, a first aid kit, PUI’s logo, the discharges of liability, etc.
· To keep accurate records (logbooks) of all car movements including fuel consumption, distances, project allocation and driver names.
· To monitor fuel consumption and distances traveled, and report regularly to the management on the same.
· To track movements from/to the office to/from the field with the drivers.
· To follow up with fuel supplier regarding recharging cards, obtaining consumption history for each fuel card and insurance status
4. Assets Management
· To regularly conduct field visits to check on the assets used in the community-based centers supported and record any damages or faulty items and arrange to have the fixed if possible/cost effective.
· To ensure all assets are tagged, recorded in a register with their exact location and generate a monthly report for the Logs Manager.
· To make sure each employee has an asset profile, filed with equipment handled details.
5. Communication / IT
· To ensure all IT and communication equipment are kept functional and properly serviced.
· To ensure the inventory, the distribution, the installation, the maintenance and the monitoring of PUI equipment.
· To support in ensuring regular back-ups of staff’s computers are carried out.
· To follow up with telecommunication supplier to make sure all lines are functional and operating as needed.
· To conducts regular sessions of IT security awareness, follows up on AntiVirus updates and proper use of IT equipment.
6. Safety and security
· To ensure that fire extinguishers and First Aid kits in vehicles and premises are refilled as needed.
· To support in the implementation of any safety &security procedure or drill as requested.
· To organize and follow up airport pickup and drop off for expats and visitors when requested, following PUI procedures for what concerns welcome kits and tools to be delivered.
· To assist the Logistic Officer in collecting and compiling monthly logistics reports
· To perform other related duties requested by the Logistics Team
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Required Background, knowledge & Skills:
Educational background in logistics and/or IT. Bachelor Degree is required.
At least 1 year of experience in a logistics function in an NGO.
Excellent Command of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
Knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required
Fluent in Arabic and good level in English (speaking/reading/writing)
Valid driving license for more than 1 year
Required interpersonal skills:
Commitment to PUI’s work policies and standards as well as to humanitarian values
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities, meet multiple competing deadlines, and work without constant supervision
Good communication and presentation skills
Honest and trustworthy
Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
Comfortable seeking guidance and clarification in a timely manner as needed to succeed in the role
Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations,
Technical skills in IT
All employees are expected to abide by the humanitarian principles, the Code of Conduct, PUI Charter and PUI above mentioned values.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and at least 2 reference contacts to: [email protected]. Please state the job title “Logistics Assistant – your name” in the email subject line (applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered).
· Deadline for applications is 14th of November 2018
· Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PUI strives to be an equal opportunities employer. PUI is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.