مطلوب مساعد (ة) للعمل لدى منظمة دولية
Collateral Repair Project (CRP) is a grassroots effort in Amman, Jordan that has provided much-needed assistance to vulnerable communities since 2006. We seek to assist those in need, foster social cohesion, offer learning opportunities, and help in building peace and reconciliation. Our services are provided regardless of background, and we currently provide assistance to people from many nationalities (e.g. Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Sudan, Yemen, Somalia).
CRP’s holistic approach involves deep community engagement, where we help individuals build resilience and heal from trauma. At our Family Resource and Community Centers, CRP provides a variety of educational, recreational, and wellness activities, which aid our community to gain skills and build community. Additionally, we provide community service and leadership opportunities for people to serve others, which has proven to be a key driver of empowerment and resilience. CRP’s greatest strengths are the deep knowledge and trust we have established with the community we serve, our commitment to community-based engagement, and our ability to develop nuanced, cost-effective, and impactful programs.
Our team members are dynamic, empathetic, and creative problem solvers who actively serve our community by continuously enhancing the impact of our programs and bringing our work to the forefront of best practice.
Our team brings together staff members and community volunteers in a dynamic work environment where personal initiative drives success. We are passionate individuals dedicated to making a difference and good listeners who typically work closely and value efficient teamwork. Our community centers are vibrant spaces where hospitality, enthusiasm, and cheerfulness are encouraged. They are also our office space where we work together, share tasks, and interact casually and free from rigid formality and hierarchy. CRP’s work environment provides a unique opportunity for those willing to learn, grow, and develop a broad range of professional and interpersonal skills.
The Marketing and Communications Assistant’s primary role is to assist CRP’s team in raising awareness of community needs, promoting our impact, and implementing fundraising campaigns. This position is an excellent opportunity for entry-level professionals looking to gain a broad experience in communications, donor relations, and fundraising. Successful candidates are expected to be active learners who are willing to expand their knowledge of humanitarian work as well as community development.
The Marketing and Communication Assistant will report directly to CRP’s Marketing and Communications Manager and is responsible for activities including, but not limited to:
- Manage CRP’s website and social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Perform website and social media analytics and generate reports to enhance CRP’s online presence;
- Produce engaging and creative online content to be published on CRP’s social media channels and website;
- Create and send newsletters using mass email and mail merge systems;
- Assist in designing and implementing awareness and funding campaigns;
- Contribute to the creation of any multimedia materials to be published online or in print format;
- Actively collect data and stories by interviewing community and team members;
- Assist in maintaining effective internal communications by using innovative information sharing processes and encouraging collaboration between team members;
- Ensure that all internal and external communications adhere to CRP’s style guide and any applicable donor requirements;
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager and leadership team.
Success candidates must have the ability to:
- Develop clear goals consistent with organizational policies and strategies;
- Prioritize tasks and to respond to opportunities quickly and efficiently;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Think creatively and function pragmatically;
- Foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning;
- Monitor and adjust plans and actions as necessary;
- Listen to others, correctly interpret messages and respond appropriately;
- Tailor language, tone, style, and format to match the audience;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
Employee must have excellent:
- Arabic and English language skills with spoken and written fluency (candidate’s skills in both languages will be assessed during the selection process);
- Digital skills including MS Office, social media, content management systems, and analytics tools (knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus);
- Research skills with the ability to simplify complex information using plain language and simple graphics;
- Interpersonal competence with a diplomatic, attentive, collaborative, and enthusiastic style;
- Time-management skills and a capacity to work under a strict timetable and meet all deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, humanities, or creative arts
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant working experience; previous work with refugees or other vulnerable populations is highly desirable
Salary Range: 400-500 Jordanian Dinars, depending on experience**
How to apply
**Please submit your CV to [email protected] with the subject line “Marketing and Communications Assistant.”