View Vacancy – Clerical Assistant – TWG
The British Embassy in Amman is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of Clerical Assistant within TWG, Grade – A1 (L).
Purpose of the job:
Work closely with Office Manager as well as Technical Works Supervisor (TWS); learn from Office Manager to enable covering this position as and when needed.
• Ensure proper time management and timely completion of assigned tasks to an acceptable FCO standards
• Office administration of the Amman office. Offering support to the Technical Works Group staff and supervisors.
• Retrieve all documentation stored on the various TWG staff computers and start creating separate files. Maintain a proper filing system for all documents and proper record keeping at the Amman office.
• Ensure timely delivery of goods and services with the suppliers, escalating when/ where need be.
• Administer casual wages, overtime and leave records for the Technical Works Group team.
• File health and safety forms for all the properties on the High Commission estate.
• Create a property cost file on the Shared Area to account for all TWG spending at each property for labour and materials carried out for Work Requests and refurbishment. This would give a running total of how much each property costs per year for maintenance. Transfer this to the FCO Pyramid database when technically possible.
• Filing of all the individual Works Requests once the material and labour costs has been recorded.
• Create a Register for Day workers detailing names, trade, start date, finish date and pay and keep records of the time the Day worker has worked.
• Be the Imprest holder and record and control the spending for the TWG team.
• Record on PRISM and file all TWG leave and sick leave applications.
• Be trained and able to input into the Pyramid System to update the Technical Works parts that are required.
• Support the Office Manager as well as TWS in the efficient distribution of tasks, balancing urgent requests with on-going preventative maintenance and renovations
• Ensure that TWG staff leave works forms in the property making clear what work has been undertaken
• Contact customers in advance to ensure they are in the property and will allow access
• Use radio/mobile phone communications with all staff working on the various property sites. Pass on messages and take messages.
• Report back to the Customer Service Helpdesk on the progress of TWG tasks, allowing the Helpdesk to close calls and update customers
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Delivering Value for Money – Delivering value for money involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services.
- Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace – Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- A strong communicator with excellent spoken and written Arabic and English
- Ability to translate both from English to Arabic as well as Arabic to English
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or in a relevant field
- Customer Service Experience
- Organisation skills
- Management skills
- IT skills of Outlook, Word, Excel
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances. The successful applicant would be expected to start work as soon as possible.
The vacancy is offered on the basis of fulltime Permanent contract.
Pay is on the Embassy A1 (L) scale, starting at JOD 785 per month. The package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days (pro rated) plus 14 public holidays.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Jordan. Candidate’s residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A (600 words) covering letter/statement of suitability outlining the competence and experience required.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 25 May 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for interview/assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.