PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The role of the M&E Assistant is to successfully carry out the daily monitoring and evaluation activities which support the overall quality of ICMC’s programs in Jordan in line with donor requirements and ICMC internal policies. S/he will support in data collection (field and office based) including PDMs, analysis and learning activities to help measure accountability and efficiency for all projects both new and existing; conducting random and systematic spot checks of program activities in the office and at distribution sites; support with administrative tasks related to evaluators/consultants; maintain M&E files on the shared drive; and other ad hoc tasks as specified by the line manager.
This position will be primarily dedicated to the OCHA COVID-19 response project which provides multi-purpose cash assistance and psychosocial support to vulnerable households and individuals. This position will provide additional support to the existing quality team in the field through conducting post distribution monitoring (PDM) calls and visits (where safe and possible) with households assisted under the project. This is a short-term contract (2 months) and continuation is subject to the availability of funds.
Specific responsibilities and objectives:
- Perform all post distribution monitoring assessments, mid-term monitoring exercises, beneficiary evaluations, focus group discussions, and other feedback mechanisms as requested
- Support program teams through conducting the first level of analysis of collected data, including identification of emerging trends/themes
- Conduct spot checks of beneficiary case files to ensure correct documentation has been collected for different types of assistance
- Perform routine follow-up calls with outreached beneficiaries to monitor staff treatment of households/individuals who may have not been assisted directly with services
- Monitor the quality of program activities through regular field monitoring visits at ICMC offices and of activities run through other service providers, including all distributions to beneficiaries
- Identify beneficiaries’ complaints/needs/suggestions received through feedback mechanisms, including managing the agency’s complaints lines and regularly sharing the feedback with relevant staff as appropriate
- Ensure quality of data collected by program teams through data cleaning and verifying the accuracy of reported data
- Support in data collection activities for sector specific assessments and reports and to inform new grant proposals
- Maintain M&E folders on shared drive by keeping them up to date and consistent with ICMC ‘s guidelines on filing, file sharing and data protection
- Submit weekly reports to the PO covering completed duties, workplans, observations from monitoring visits, data trends, challenges, lessons learned, and requests for support as needed
- Perform any other duties as required by the programs.
- Adhere to ICMC policies, tools, handbook and guidelines
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Organize and deliver tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with sector procedures, priorities and standards
- Promote and share ideas with M&E team to foster culture of knowledge sharing and learning
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- University degree in information management, social sciences, project management, development, or a related field preferred
- Previous NGO experience and knowledge of the displacement context in Jordan
- Past M&E experience would be an asset
- Experience in data management and statistics
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Familiarity with MS Office and data management tools
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of SPHERE standards and other internationally recognized principles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with different types of people and team dynamics
- Proven experience working under tight deadlines and delivering results
- Ability to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to**: vac[email protected]**
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31st July 2020
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for applicants and employees. ICMC strives to ensure equal employment opportunities and equal access to employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.