Administrative Assistant – Jordan
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Jordan country office. he/she will provide efficient support to, and ensure the success of, procurement and logistics activities, while efficiently utilizing resources in accordance with applicable standards. He/she will also keep clear records for all logistical operations, including filing and achieving logistics documentation.
Search for Common Ground currently operates in ten countries across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Our newly established Jordan office has a growing portfolio of activities which foster durable peace and promote the use of conflict transformation approaches throughout Jordanian society. By engaging youth, women, and religious and community leaders, and through our innovative use of media, we aim to empower civil society. We use a range of tools to implement conflict transformation and peacebuilding programs, including radio, television, heritage initiatives, public forums, community dialogue, and arts and culture events.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Support and assist with all stages of the project activities, follow-up, and coordination; obtain entry and exit visas for travelling visitors and employees; and obtain work permits for international staff.
- Organize and arrange meetings with governmental and NGO representatives, as well as other contacts as required for the Country Director and program staff.
- Serve as a direct point of contact for staff and participants concerning meeting specifications, requirements, preferences, registration, confirmations, cancellations, schedules, and cost summaries.
- Arrange and facilitate visitors’ transportation, arrival, and visa clearance at Jordanian entry ports.
- Provide advice on destinations, accommodation, car rental, and flights.
- Confirm bookings and notify clients of travel documents, luggage, insurance, medical insurance, visas, and currency requirements.
- Attended relevant logistics meetings and report back.
- Coordinate activities related to procurement and local purchasing.
- Take care of locally purchased items and project materials from customs, process labor office clearances, procure local and international purchases, track assets, contact insurance companies regarding insurance for office assets, renew vehicle licenses, arrange for vehicle maintenance, and monitor vehicle use.
- Manage all facilities for conducting conferences by providing the necessary equipment.
- Ensure timely reporting and reconciliation of credit card and prepaid travel documents.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- 2-3 years experience with administration/logistics/procurement in INGOs in Jordan
Skills and Competencies
- Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and file management skills.
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to build and conduct effective professional working relationships.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, and the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Motivation, excellent time management skills, and the ability to multitask; a self-starter.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good command of written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
This position will close on December 15th, 2018.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.