The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Experience: Minimum (4) years of progressively responsible work experience in data management, monitoring and evaluation, programming (data collection tool building).
Programme Assistant (M&E) will perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Report to M&E associate for technical guidance and act as the M&E focal point for database development.
- Review the data that is being collected from the field and uploaded to the server. Conducted daily quality assurance checks of the data and follow-up with field monitors and/or beneficiaries as needed to verify and ensure accuracy of the data collected data collection.
- Provide trainings for field monitors on the newly built data collection tools.
- Serve as the focal point for the rollout of electronic data collection in tablets.
- Act as the focal point for resolution of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Follow up with sub-offices to receive monthly distribution reports, ensuring the reconciliation with logistics and timely submission in COMET system.
- Follow up with sub-offices to ensure timely submission of monthly narrative M&E reports.
- Track planned vs actual M&E activities for the sub-office in order to achieve targets.
- Follow-up on M&E action points requested from specific units.
- Conduct monitoring field visits on a regular basis as needed.
- Assist the M&E associate in organizing meetings and briefing sessions and document key actions points.
- Extract reports related to price monitoring and on-site monitoring from the triangulation database.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Detailed information and submitting of your application can be made through WFP E-Recruitment System.
Internal WFP staff can access the VA through LMS/ CAREER page through the following link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
External applicants kindly follow the below link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions and to attach your updated CV.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates meeting the required qualifications will be contacted.
- CV should submitted only in English.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
14 August 2017