مطلوب مساعد اداري و موارد بشرية للعمل في مركز حماية و حرية الصحفيين
من كلا الجنسين
Job Title: HR and Administrative Assistant
Location: Amman, Jordan
Application deadline: 30 September 2021
Type of position: Full-time
Vacancy reference number: 1/2021
Languages Required: English and Arabic
Starting Date: 15 October 2021
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Duration: One year initially
Center for Defending Freedom of Journalists (CDFJ) is an independent and non-profit civil society organization, established in 1998 and located in Amman. CDFJ works on issues of media freedom, freedom of expression and human rights in Jordan and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, and aims to support free, independent and professional media, enhance security and protection for journalists, and enhance the role of professional media in supporting and developing democracy, freedom and reform in the Arab world.
CDFJ seeks to hire a HR and Administrative Assistant , based on the following criteria:
The HR and Administrative Assistant will manage all day-to-day aspects of HR and office management; lead the implementation of human resources policies / procedures that ensure compliance with them, and provide support and assistance to project managers and the finance department in the procurement processes of projects, and procurement of the office.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Follow up on all matters related to personnel affairs, including working hours, contracts and files, and update them on an ongoing basis.
- Managing the center’s human resources program. • Follow up the daily working hours of the employees, and check the employees’ work schedules before submitting them to the Finance Department at the end of each month.
- Follow up the health insurance file for employees with the insurance company contracted with the center.
- Participation in the new recruitment processes announced by the Center, including writing job descriptions for new employees, posting jobs, and participating in new job interviews.
- Answering telephone calls and following up on the center’s e-mails and distributing them to the concerned units.
- Carrying out daily secretarial work, which includes printing invitations for activities and events organized by the center, printing official books, responding to phone calls, following up on the center’s e-mails and distributing them to the concerned units .
- Scheduling meetings and interviews, arranging agendas related to the administration, and writing minutes of meetings.
- Save, classify and tabulate information.
- Follow up on the center’s e-mail list and update it constantly.
- Preparing purchase orders and office supplies for the center and following up the procurement process with suppliers. This also includes communicating with suppliers, getting quotations for purchases, and conducting quotation analysis.
- Provide support when needed to arrange meetings, and any external and internal activities for the center, including arranging hotel and flight reservations.
- Preparing periodic reports on the progress of work.
Required qualifications, experiences and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business administration.
- At least one year of work experience.
- Good knowledge in the use of computer programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office Suite
- Language skills: Very good in Arabic and English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent time management skills.
- Attention to details
- The ability to work on several activities simultaneously (multi-task).
- The ability to abide by the administrative and financial policies of the center and the rules of professional conduct.
How to apply
- Interested applicants can send their CVs, including names and contact details for three references, and cover letter explaining the reason for choosing to work for the CDFJ, to the following email address: [email protected] mentioning the reference number in the subject title.
- Closing date is Thursday, 9/30/2021.
- CDFJ will contact only shortlisted applicants.
- Applications that do not meet the above conditions will not be taken into consideration.