Save the Children is the worlds leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save childrens lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15, 000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. Were changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 months
Please note that this is a National Post intended for Nationals of Jordan only.
The HR Manager will lead on HR assessments, HR strategy, coordinate recruitment, develop robust systems, policy and practice on people management in a complex emergency across the whole Country Office
Qualifications and experience
- 4-6 years of relevant experience at a HR management level in complex environments particularly in the Middle East and ideally within an INGO
- Proven operational HR experience of providing a senior generalist HR service to managers across a full range of HR issues
- Experience of building and developing thecapacity of HR staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plan
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of Human Resources in the Country Office and ensuring the most effective support to line management (including the ability to synthesise and analyse complex information and present clear and informed solutions)
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience in leading multicultural teams, working across multiple locations and building value driven teams
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issue.
- Experience of and well developed skills in international recruitment
- Good attention to detail
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training
- Strong communication (written and spoken) in English.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Commitment to Save the Children aims and principles and in particular commitment to Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety policies.
- Fluent in Arabic, Kurdish
- Experience living and working in Syria or neighbouring countries.
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited resource settings
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Closing date: Monday 21 August 2017
رابط التقديم : https://jordan.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/1004